By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I think I may be the only person that hates Little Big Planet

I think hating games is stupid. Do not like it? Do not play it then.

Play my LittleBigLove level: search keywords "LittleBigLove realil"

LJ (Russian): http://realill.livejournal.com

Around the Network

I'm not too much of a creator (except for a few things for my Sims) and I don't like making stages. There's no motivation for me to play this game. I don't enjoy it but I understand why others do. It's just not my type of game. I prefer other kinds of platformers.

This game doesn't appeal to me it's just not my type of game.

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

My Most Wanted Games: StarCraft II, Diablo III, Next console Zelda, and Final Fantasy VII remake.

Naraku_Diabolos said:
ElectronicRocker said:
@ the first two who posted
you dont even own the game so dont judge it

We can judge it from its looks (videos) or by playing a bit of it. It's a pointless game.

I highly disagree with this statement. To truly be a critic of the game, you need to play it.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Shadowblind said:
Naraku_Diabolos said:
ElectronicRocker said:

We can judge it from its looks (videos) or by playing a bit of it. It's a pointless game.

I highly disagree with this statement. To truly be a critic of the game, you need to play it.

you don't have to be a critic or give reviews to games if you don't own them I'm with on that, but you can decide whether you are going to like the game or not based on videos though no body can play all the games out there or even have the financial status to do so

Around the Network
TheThunder said:
Shadowblind said:
Naraku_Diabolos said:
ElectronicRocker said:

you don't have to be a critic or give reviews to games if you don't own them I'm with on that, but you can decide whether you are going to like the game or not based on videos though no body can play all the games out there or even have the financial status to do so

I understand what you mean, but I'm one of those "experience to critique" kind of people. To fully know how a game is, you need to play it. Of, course, getting a basic sense of whether your gonna like it is very possible with just videos and reviews and etc.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

LBP rulz..somethin that will continue with decent legs.

LBP is decent. But it doesn't have a lasting appeal, and the gameplay is very basic for a full-priced game.

And LBP is definitely NOT innovative, though it did use very well the concepts they borrowed

JRPG said:
ITS INNOVATIVE THEREFORE ITS GOOD!!!

ALL GAMES THAT ARE INNOVATIVE ARE GOOD!!!!!!!

RROD unlocked

More games u play the faster RROD is unlocked. 360's achievements updated. Only on Xbox LIVE Silver..it's free..

It's sad that LBP couldn't be released on all platforms, so it could reach a wider audience. There would probably be an insane community for it on the PC, and I think the creation stuff is interesting and unique enough that it would find a place next to all the other user-created content games out there. It also might catch on on the other consoles, and at the very least there would be fewer people on the internet short on specifics endlessly insisting that it's a ripped off game idea without an ounce of originality.

No game is for everyone, but if you haven't tried multiplayer, both local and online, and if you haven't gone exploring for cool levels online, you haven't really played the game, even more so than if you'd played COD4 or HALO 3 singleplayer and never tried the multiplayer.

If you've ever played an MMO, LBP's online world should be easy to understand, as it pretty much involves putting a good party together and going adventuring in instances. The main difference is that instead of finding good quests with the goal of level grinding and getting loot, you're just trying to find cool worlds and explore/beat them as a team. (There's also competitive scoring as a bonus, of course.) Over half the game's controls involve types of non-verbal communication which are hilarious when paired with puzzle-based gameplay, from facial emotes to free pointing in different directions to slapping or dragging your friends around when they're getting out of hand. All together it adds up to an online experience very unlike any other game, and something perfectly suited to something like PSN where many players don't even have keyboards or voice chat.