By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 2010 to be the year of the Xbox 360

2010 to be the year of the Xbox 360

http://gamer.blorge.com/2009/04/10/2010-to-be-the-year-of-the-xbox-360/

Microsoft has been receiving criticism for the Xbox 360’s seemingly lackluster lineup for 2009. It is almost the half point in the year and very little has been revealed for 2009. However, what gamers may not realize is that Microsoft is building up an arsenal of games for 2010.

Many gamers were expecting a ton of announcements at GDC outlining the lineup all the way up to Christmas. However, the camp over at Microsoft remained silent during the conference. Ideally GDC is a great place for companies to announce games to keep the public at bay during the dry spell which happens mid-year. 

We all know that the next big Xbox 360 game coming out will be in September. Of course I am talking about the standalone expansion to one of the biggest games of 2007, Halo 3: ODST. This is one of the games I am looking forward to near the end of the year. Besides that there really isn’t much on the plate this year for the Xbox 360.

However, I have to say that 2010 is starting to look like a killer year for the Xbox 360. There is Mass Effect 2 and Lost Planet 2 already confirmed for 2010. Also, Rare and Lionhead Studios have hinted at a new game currently in the works as well.

The game I am looking forward to next year is Mass Effect 2. I have my game save locked away in my Xbox 360, with at least 100 hours logged to it. With Bioware teasing gamers to hold on to their old game saves, many of those who purchased the original will definitely pickup the sequel. Clearly, the Xbox 360 has a huge jump on the PS3 regarding its game lineup for 2010.

----------------------------------------------

in your opinion would the likes of mass effect 2 - lost planet 2 - new rare title - new lionhead title make 2010 the year of the xbox 360?

eit: sorry if posted.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network

Mass Effect 2 (assuming it's still an "exclusive") and anything from Lionhead would probably make it the year of the 360 in my eyes, yes.

Who knows, mass effect 2 alone is a huge game, so that should help a lot. But we don't know what MS still has to offer this year, and we don't know what else Sony has to offer both this year and the next.

How about we focus on this year and enjoy the games we get :)

I think Mass Effect 2 is going to go multiplat, and Lost Planet wasn't exactly a huge exclusive (though LP2 looks more promising, that's for sure), so they have yet to prove that

On the other hand, there is plenty of time to prove it

badgenome said:
Mass Effect 2 (assuming it's still an "exclusive") and anything from Lionhead would probably make it the year of the 360 in my eyes, yes.

yes mass effect 2 regardless if its timed or not combined with a new lionhead game mabey fable 3, would be a good year for 360 fans.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

Around the Network

Add Gears of War 3. Gears of War was released in 2006. Gears of War 2 was released in 2008. It is very likely Gears of War 3 will be released in 2010 and it will be announced around March 2010, released in November 2010.

Alan Wake, Lost Odyssey 2, Final Fantasy XIII, Mass Effect 2, Assassins Creed 2 are all going to be releasing on X360 in 2010. Plus many more games multi-platform, XBox Live Arcades and a few exclusive games.

numonex said:
Add Gears of War 3. Gears of War was released in 2006. Gears of War 2 was released in 2008. It is very likely Gears of War 3 will be released in 2010 and it will be announced around March 2010, released in November 2010.

Alan Wake, Lost Odyssey 2, Final Fantasy XIII, Mass Effect 2, Assassins Creed 2 are all going to be releasing on X360 in 2010. Plus many more games multi-platform, XBox Live Arcades and a few exclusive games.

well the topic has to be exclusives as multiplats dont diffrentiate between the consoles.

id say if mass effect 2 - lost planet 2 - gears 3 - alan wake - new lion head game - new rare game - and possibly bludragon 2 or lost oddesy 2. <--------- that would be a great lineup to look forward to in 2010.

Microsoft - Delivering Todays titles tomorrow

No idea if it would be their year or not as we have no idea of the lineups for the other consoles by then, but it would be a good start.

Why wait until 2010 !!
2009 isn't finish yet...

Microsoft maybe remained silent at GDC, but there will be some HUGE HUGE SURPRISE that they set up at E3 & maybe at TGS for the Q3 & Q4 lineups.
Everyone will be surprise !!

But I don't have any clue yet about the lineups!
It's just a hunch... It's just a hunch...
I said it twice there !!

Relax...... Let's just wait & see...

Hopefully the next episode in Half Life wont be a million miles away.

Personally I'm looking forward to the following

1. Mass Effect 2
2. Alan Wake
3. Forza 3

I really loved Mass Effect. In fact I think I feel a dusting off and replay is in order.