By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official WiiWare, Virtual Console, and DSi Ware thread

Put me down for liking: World of Goo (WW), Wild West Guns (WW), Midnight Pool (WW), Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting (SNES), Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Genesis), Top Hunter: Roddy & Cathy (Neo-Geo), Contra 3: The Alien Wars (SNES), Golden Axe 1,2,3, Streets of Rage 3, Zelda 2: The Adventure of Link, Super Mario World, Blades of Steel and Super Mario Bros.

I haven't played enough of the other VC/WW games I have to give 100% nod to yet.

Around the Network
DarkNight_DS said:
An obvious question that I think needs to be asked about this thread. Why are we linking to an outside website for each of the games when VGChartz has these games in it's own database? Shouldn't we be supporting the site first?

A good question, and the main answer is "time." The site I'm using at the moment has every VC/WiiWare title, listed alphabetically, with region released, thumbnail-sized photos, etc. In other words, it has everything I need to push this thing out in under a week, all in one place. VGChartz has similar information, but not in an as easy-to-read manner. So for now, I'm going to keep relying on NintendoLife.

Don't worry though: this thread is very much still under construction, and everything you see will be upgraded ASAP. That includes, amongst many other things, links to places with more depth to their information. First though, I want to lay the foundation. I mean, the thread is already three days old, yet the Virtual Console only goes up to "F." AND it's fugly. Plus it's hard to get the relevant information. And I have yet to get to the upcoming titles section. Plus...well, you get the idea. Every minute saved helps a lot at this point, even if that means I'll have to redo a lot of it later on.

@the new recommendations: adding those now. Thanks everyone, and keep them coming.

I like Punch-Out!! (NES), Ninja Gaiden 1,2 (NES, even though the first one is hard as hell towards the end (haven't played 2 as much but it is pretty tight so far)), Samurai Shodown 2 (Neo-Geo, was disappointed that they announced an anthology after I purchased this one, oh well)

Mark me down for liking: Super Mario Bros. 3, F-Zero X, Mario Kart 64 (not sure if it is released on VC but pretty sure) even though I don't have them on VC (Have them on other systems).

Will do. I'll be adding the VC recommendations when I finish the VC section, but I'll happily take them them too. And Mario Kart 64 was released on VC.

A measly 111 Virtual Console games to go. Is anyone having trouble loading the page?

Around the Network

no, it's loading for me just fine.

come try out the computer game i've been working on for my high school senior project, titled sling ball. http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=76669&page=1

you can view a few screenshots from the game in my photo album here; http://www.vgchartz.com/photos/album.php?album=2312

yes, this is vonboy's alt account. i can't log into my original account, and i'm not sure if i will ever be able to.

Proud Member of the Official Yoshi Fan Club!.

Relieved to hear it. Thanks!

Loading fine for me also except some pictures are on the left and not in the middle. I assume you haven't added all your VC games to your collections since I see that you recommend some games that aren't on your list.

Recommend: World of Goo and Lostwinds

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Not to be a pest, but I noticed you forgot to put me down for Helix