By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will any other game ever beat Wii Sports as the greatest game ever

jellyfishprince said:
SmokedHostage said:
Wii Sports is one of my favorite games of all time. It's the only game, my parents and other relatives ask me to play when they're over at my house.

I agree so much see people here maybe they are like a thousand people that would play mgs4 whenever they can but what about the millions of other users, dads, moms, sisters, old people, they want to play wii sports. if they got to pick between mgs4 and wii sports I wonder what they would pick?

people here need to understand DEMOGRAPHIC. people think wii sports is not good because maybe it doesn't look as good as metal gear, but I heard metal gear is movie? like half the game! who wants to watch a video of people bowling? I say, I want to play bowling!

The go to the arcade. 

You cannot compare Wii Sports to MGS4. Lets see:

Best Visuals -> MGS4

Better Online -> MGS4

Better Story -> MGS4

More gamelplay options -> MGS4

The way I see it, MGS4 is a game, Wii sports is a simulator as it has no story etc. I think Im gona leave this thread now though (maybe) incase I get a silly ban for worthless Wii trolling :p

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
jellyfishprince said:
SmokedHostage said:
Wii Sports is one of my favorite games of all time. It's the only game, my parents and other relatives ask me to play when they're over at my house.

I agree so much see people here maybe they are like a thousand people that would play mgs4 whenever they can but what about the millions of other users, dads, moms, sisters, old people, they want to play wii sports. if they got to pick between mgs4 and wii sports I wonder what they would pick?

people here as metal gear, but I heard metal gear is movie? lineed to understand DEMOGRAPHIC. people think wii sports is not good because maybe it doesn't look as good ke half the game! who wants to watch a video of people bowling? I say, I want to play bowling!

Ok first you say you're POSITIVE that Wii Sports is a better game than MGS4, correct? Now you say "you heard" that Metal Gear was a movie, and not really a game? Even though I agree that Wii Sports is a great addition to the industry, I DON'T get your logic here

I didn't say it was a movie I said 1/2 of it was a movie. I am not comparing a movie to a videogame ok. I know that mgs4 isn't a movie geez

prediction: wii to sell 150million console by end of 2010

jellyfishprince said:
SmokedHostage said:

people here need to understand DEMOGRAPHIC. people think wii sports is not good because maybe it doesn't look as good as metal gear, but I heard metal gear is movie? like half the game! who wants to watch a video of people bowling? I say, I want to play bowling!

You're new to the site, so I will just tell you, that you have a lot to learn

Nobody judges a game like Wii Sports because of the graphics, Wii Sports isn't even trying to look good so there is no point in that. But just because there are many Wii owners out there who thinks Wii Sports is a great game, does it mean people aren't allowed to say that they think Wii Sports is boring? Of course it doesn't!

I think Wii Sports is boring because it is a really shallow and repetetive game, and I think MGS4 is an amazing game because it has good gameplay and tells an amazing story. Am I right or am I wrong? Neither! Because it is a matter of opinion, and if the opinion of the majority were also the one labelled as correct, we would be living in one hell of a world.

hmm.. quite possibly the next game any leading console company decide to bundle

as i’m predicting the next and future gen consoles will have a bundled game like nintendo did

if not, then they should... nintendo made a great excellent decision bundling a game: wii sports

Joke Thread?

Around the Network
ctk495 said:
Joke Thread?

people who say things like this are ones that do not have input. I am asking if anything else that could be released in videogames has the power that wii sports has. if you cannot give an argument, please read the input of others for inspiration.

so far we have come to the conclusion that wii sports will be the best selling game for a long time

prediction: wii to sell 150million console by end of 2010

jellyfishprince said:
ctk495 said:
Joke Thread?

people who say things like this are ones that do not have input. I am asking if anything else that could be released in videogames has the power that wii sports has. if you cannot give an argument, please read the input of others for inspiration.

so far we have come to the conclusion that wii sports will be the best selling game for a long time

The person who said that is actually a 7k poster who is shocked at the threads acusations.

Highest selling game? Hardly. Bundles do not count. By that logic, minesweeper would be the number 1 sold game of all time, with almost 1.2 BILLION sold, it's bundled with windows.

It does not come bundled in one area however, Japan. It sold about 3 million in Japan on 8 million wiis. If it were to go the BEST scenario, it would sell around 15-20 million. That is if it was still widely known and had casual appeal. Actual predictions are around 10 million.

Oh, and it's so HIGHLY reviewed right? EVERYONE is just claiming it's the best game ever right!? Well... It has a 76 average on metacritic. In fact it's highest score is only a 90.

Don't bring up other bundles, we have went over this before. Difference on other consoles is, you are not forced to buy that bundle. If you want to buy a PS3 or 360, you can get it without any games. Likewise you can CHOOSE if you wish to pay a little more, or get a bundle deal with a game you want, thus it counts as a sale. You could argue wii sports is something people want, but user reviews, meta reviews, and general impressions prove otherwise.

Oh, and before you take meta reviews as wrong. A meta review is taking all credible sources, and getting an average.

Leonidus said:
jellyfishprince said:
SmokedHostage said:

The go to the arcade.

Best Visuals -> MGS4

Better Online -> MGS4

Better Story -> MGS4

The way I see it, MGS4 is a game, Wii sports is a simulator as it has no story etc. I think Im gona leave this thread now though (maybe) incase I get a silly ban for worthless Wii trolling :p

I find this somewhat silly to say. I have no doubt that MGS4 may very well be one of the greatest games ever, but to compare it to Wii Sports in the manner you did is ridiculous.

You're giving a game credit for having better online vs a game that has no online. This should tell you something that it isn't what the game is aiming at.

Well, your last game is kinda correct. MGS4 is a traditional game (that's not a negative thing) and Wii Sports is a "sports sim game".

On topic:

Wii Sports has 6 games in it. Sure, you can play them for a long time, but in reality, anyone could make an equally good game on Wii. I love Wii Sports, but it isn't exactly a difficult game to make. As it isn't difficult to make, it will be easy to make an even better one, simply by just adding small bits.

And for the sales part, I believe Wii Fit is a far, far better example.

Pixar's movies make a ton of money. Not a lot of movies gross more revenue than their do. Generally, they make a 300-550 million dollars (in revenue) and cost 100-150 million to make (including adds) (with the exception of the pre 1998 movies).

Or take Batman: The Dark Knight. It made 1 billion in revenue. And if IIRC, that's one of the highest of any movie ever

Compare that to Wii Fit. Production cost? Minimal. I don't have a number, but I'll bet it's not even close to 50 million.

Revenue? Well, let's be pessimists. Say 90 dollars each, or equavalient WW. (It's more, as games cost more out of the US, but as I said, this is a low-end). 18 million sold. That's over 1.6 billion dollars. 

And what's more - it's gonna double that, and easily too. Wii Fit will definitely gross over 3 billion dollars, and it has a shot at 5 billion.

As far as I can see, no game has grossed over 1 billion. Wii Fit may quintuple that. How effing huge is that? (Edit: Well, by the time it gets there, MKWii will have grossed over 1 billion, but the point is still there).

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Oyvoyvoyv said:
Leonidus said:
jellyfishprince said:
SmokedHostage said:

The go to the arcade.

Best Visuals -> MGS4

Better Online -> MGS4

Better Story -> MGS4

I find this somewhat silly to say. I have no doubt that MGS4 may very well be one of the greatest games ever, but to compare it to Wii Sports in the manner you did is ridiculous.

You're giving a game credit for having better online vs a game that has no online. This should tell you something that it isn't what the game is aiming at.

I thought it did. My bad