By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - killzone 2 fails to live up the hype

burgles is billy no games.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network

Yet another thread hating on kz2 while I have fun with the best FPS ever...yeah, I said it!

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

TheTruthProphet said:
Loud_Hot_White_Box said:
TheTruthProphet said:
disappointing sales indeed.

But it did have an impossible amount of hype to live up to.

I blame sony PR for hyping this game as the be all and end all saviour of the ps3

False.  You actually are claiming Sony would ever say that one game was their be-all and end-all savior?  We can see instantly that you don't know what you are talking about.

Bye bye, burgles!

Please think logically - of course sony would never come out and explicitly say any game is the be all and end all saviour....but their actions said exactly that.  By hyping it nonstop for 4 years, by showing cgi-trailers endlessly...etc.

They said kz2 would be a "system seller" and they needed it to be.  The truth is sony needed this game to sell, and sell big , huge amounts of software and systems.....but it didn't happen and it won't happen. 

MSG4 was a system seller.  KZ2 is not.

Their actions also fail to suggest that the game was an end-all savior.  Sony also didn't "need" it to sell big, sell systems, any more than any other game.  They doubtlessly wanted it to.  PS3 console sales are quite close to 360 sales nowadays, and before the 360 price drop, PS3 sales were way ahead.  Now we're just waiting on the next price moves.  They didn't need KZ2 as some kind of savior.  That's your spin, and it's wrong.

The fact that KZ2 sold fewer systems than MGS4 doesn't change the fact that you're claims are incorrect: you should choose your words better.  Sony didn't "need" it to sell more than any other games, they didn't act as if it was the "be-all, end-all savior", and they did NOT show CGI trailers endlessly.  That's patently false.

Just choose your words better, and you'll be fine.

TheTruthProphet said:
Avarice28 said:
TheTruthProphet said:
disappointing sales indeed.

But it did have an impossible amount of hype to live up to.

I blame sony PR for hyping this game as the be all and end all saviour of the ps3

Wow! 1.37 million sold in only 30 days on the market is "disappointing"?  Naw those are just the sour grapes you are tasting now that you realized that all your B.S. that you said about the ps3 has now kept you from playing the best fps of this current generation! Don't hate, appreciate and pick up a ps3....you know you want it.

I have played the game and I liked it.  I would not purchase a ps3 for it though. 

Any way you look at it... the sales are disappointing based on the hype it got.  4 years in development, over 60 million $$ - but only 1.3 million sold worldwide. 

Sorry but those sales are nothing extraordinary.  Certainly they are good, but nowhere near what sony or most of the people on this site expected.

I never heard sony say their expectations for kz2. Maybe you heard something I didn't. From the get-go, the game seemed more on the path of touting the ps3's power to devs and gamers alike than selling to everyone and their grandma.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Yawn.

I thought we were done with the Killzone 2 bashing! It came out over a month ago, shouldn't you guys be bashing inFamous or MLB 09 The Show or something?

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network

It's outselling Halo Wars. So I guess the Halo series is a bust now. lol

Kantor said:
Yawn.

I thought we were done with the Killzone 2 bashing! It came out over a month ago, shouldn't you guys be bashing inFamous or MLB 09 The Show or something?

Why do that if you can just bash the wii?

I agree, that's why I was being sarcastic :P