By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - killzone 2 fails to live up the hype

rckrz6 said:

Yes the game was exteremely over hyped, but i still have yet to play it to see what all the hype was about

I beg to differ - severely underhyped, under promoted and underated. Play it - its simply awesome.

Atari 2600, Sega Mega Drive, Game Boy, Game Boy Advanced, N64, Playstation, Xbox, PSP Phat, PSP 3000, and PS3 60gb (upgraded to 320gb), NDS

Linux Ubuntu user

Favourite game: Killzone 3

Around the Network
Loud_Hot_White_Box said:
TheTruthProphet said:
disappointing sales indeed.

But it did have an impossible amount of hype to live up to.

I blame sony PR for hyping this game as the be all and end all saviour of the ps3

False.  You actually are claiming Sony would ever say that one game was their be-all and end-all savior?  We can see instantly that you don't know what you are talking about.

Bye bye, burgles!

Please think logically - of course sony would never come out and explicitly say any game is the be all and end all saviour....but their actions said exactly that.  By hyping it nonstop for 4 years, by showing cgi-trailers endlessly...etc.

They said kz2 would be a "system seller" and they needed it to be.  The truth is sony needed this game to sell, and sell big , huge amounts of software and systems.....but it didn't happen and it won't happen. 

MSG4 was a system seller.  KZ2 is not.

rckrz6 said:

Yes the game was exteremely over hyped, but i still have yet to play it to see what all the hype was about

Now, everyone's going to think that you're the OP!!

Scruff7 said:
rckrz6 said:

I beg to differ - severely underhyped, under promoted and underated. Play it - its simply awesome.

I don;t have a ps3 anymore but i plan on getting one again with a price drop, but it willl be the first game on my list to play

TheTruthProphet said:

I blame sony PR for hyping this game as the be all and end all saviour of the ps3

Wow! 1.37 million sold in only 30 days on the market is "disappointing"?  Naw those are just the sour grapes you are tasting now that you realized that all your B.S. that you said about the ps3 has now kept you from playing the best fps of this current generation! Don't hate, appreciate and pick up a ps3....you know you want it.

Around the Network
Avarice28 said:
TheTruthProphet said:

Wow! 1.37 million sold in only 30 days on the market is "disappointing"?  Naw those are just the sour grapes you are tasting now that you realized that all your B.S. that you said about the ps3 has now kept you from playing the best fps of this current generation! Don't hate, appreciate and pick up a ps3....you know you want it.

I have played the game and I liked it.  I would not purchase a ps3 for it though. 

Any way you look at it... the sales are disappointing based on the hype it got.  4 years in development, over 60 million $$ - but only 1.3 million sold worldwide. 

Sorry but those sales are nothing extraordinary.  Certainly they are good, but nowhere near what sony or most of the people on this site expected.

Master Chief, said:''Hype never killed the legends'',.

Chuck Norris,said: ''buy millions of  games, yes''

''Halo reach''.. sell 7.m first week ,Believe¡¡¡¡¡¡

Repent Sinner!

My apologies rckrz6, I forgot that it deletes posts of permabanned members. Hope there wasn't too much confusion.

Torillian said:
My apologies rckrz6, I forgot that it deletes posts of permabanned members. Hope there wasn't too much confusion.

HA i saw my post on top and i was like NOOOOO