By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 2 Icons of Gaming - The Nes Vs The ps1. Which has captured your heart lol

Ps1 for me. NES was meh.

Around the Network
Esa-Petteri said:
Ps1 for me. NES was meh.

You should state your reasons for this.

donkeykong88 said:
Esa-Petteri said:
Ps1 for me. NES was meh.

You should state your reasons for this.

I did not like NES games, isn't that enough? :) Well blades of steel (or something like that) hockey game was good. :D

PS1 on the other hand had a lot of great games.

I didn't own a PS1 so NES :3

i didnt like Atari and NES at all (sorry nintendo fans) i found the games to be boring as hell after awhile, my first love for a console was the Sega Genesis that was awesome not because of Street fighter or Sonic its because i got lucky and bought those underrated Genesis games that i loved alot like Ristar, then the SNES (note i didnt like NES , but i loved the SNES) the SNES is one of the best consoles ever and it was here i played my first final fantasy and zelda games , then came Playstation which turned out to be the best out of the bunch, Playstation just always takes gaming to new heights.

Around the Network

PS1!!!!!!

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

halil23 said:
I call blasphemy!!! Obviously it going to be PS1, anyone says otherwise need to see not 1 doctor but 10 doctors!!! NES only had strollers, top down rpg and racing! PS1 had all that plus more diversities and 3D!! It like comparing PS1 to Wii !!! (obviously Wii be the better one) It should of been SNES vs PS1 or PS1 vs DC...

PS1 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Wii

sorry had to say it xD

halil23 said:
PullusPardus said:
halil23 said:
I call blasphemy!!! Obviously it going to be PS1, anyone says otherwise need to see not 1 doctor but 10 doctors!!! NES only had strollers, top down rpg and racing! PS1 had all that plus more diversities and 3D!! It like comparing PS1 to Wii !!! (obviously Wii be the better one) It should of been SNES vs PS1 or PS1 vs DC...

PS1 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Wii

sorry had to say it xD

Just no! But you could say PS1 >>>>>>>>>>>>>> xbox

Keep it clean

I have many fond childhood memories from the NES with the original LoZ being one of my favorite games even to this day. Super Mario Bros. 3 is also a game I still love.

When PS1 comes into the picture though it reminds me of how the system turned me into the gamer I am today. It really introduced me to the RPG genre after playing FFVI on my PC (recommended by a friend after I expressed my interest in FFVII). From then on I became obsessed with the genre. Within the last 12 or so years I have played through at least 110-115 JRPG titles.

Without a doubt both hold a place in my heart but PS1 owns much more of it.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

For me it is PS1.

I started gaming on the NES, and then moved to the SNES, the N64, and finally the PS1. During this time the only chances I got to play games was when I went to my uncles, or my grandparents house. My parents had me at 15 and 16 so they were not established in the early day of my childhoos.

Up until I saw PS1, I had enjoyed numerous Mario, Zelda, Star Fox, and Street Fighter games, but then I went to my uncles house and saw, MGS, GT, FFVII, and Spyro. This was the first time I ever just new I had to have a system. Christmas of that year, I opended up a PS1, and got all of the above mentioned games. It was a combined gift for my mom, dad, brother, and me. Ever since then we have been a Playstation 1st family, and Sony has yet to let us down.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL