By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 2 Icons of Gaming - The Nes Vs The ps1. Which has captured your heart lol

Both Have Left Their Mark On Gaming Unlike Any Other Console. Would you not agree from looking at those pictures both consoles look sexy. The Nintendo Nes started the 'Golden years of Gaming' Boasting titles such as the:

• Super Mario bros. series
  • Megaman series
  • Metroid
  • Double dragon
  • The Turtles Arcade
  • The introduction of Zelda
  • Duck Hunt
  • Felix The Cat

And the lis goes on and on, the Nes system boast the 'greatest soundtracks in Gaming' period. When looking at the ps1 one cannot deny it's influence nor legacy. The Ps1 extended the ' Golden Years of Gaming'. It has given us countless of classics, games such as:

• Metal Gear Solid
  • Gran turismo
  • Tomb Raider
  • Final fantasy VII
  • Crash bandicoot
  • Syphon filter
  • Resident evil 2

And the list goes on and on. Both consoles have left mark on gaming and will never be forgotten. Both consoles have touched our hearts but which console has captured your heart? lol

"Their memory and legacy will live on forever"

Megaman2, VGchartz member.

Please give a detailed explanation why.

Megaman2 out.

Around the Network

Not my first consoles but i had a NES & SNES...i must say i totally loved them both....my vote though goes to PS1, ahh the memories

I am editing my post to provide details:

I chose the PS1 because of the games.

Suikoden1-2, TombRaider(all of them), MGS1, Crash1, FinalFantasy7-8-9, GranTurismo1-2, SyphonFilter1-2, G-Police, V-Rally1-2, F1'97, Music, Pandemonium, Wipeout, Tekken, SoulBlade, and many many more that i forget now

The NES I suppose. When I was little I had an N64 and didn't even know what a PS1 was, so I have no nostalgia for the PS1.

Cthulhu said:
Not my first consoles but i had a NES & SNES...i must say i totally loved them both....my vote though goes to PS1, ahh the memories

They were great memories indeed.

PS1 for me.

nes had alot of random games, way too much crappy sidescrollers

Around the Network

Why do people put Resident Evil2 over REsident Evil 1?

Its one thing to take an existing game, give it a reskin and add to gameplay to make it slightly better...and its another to invent the genre and provide a brand new never seen experience.

You tell me... which resident evil did this?

As far as OP is concerned...
I choose ps1, but you forgot the best PS1 game... Castlevania SotN.
However I do think that the 16 bit generation is the best gaming generation of all time, due to the intense competition of Snes vs Genesis.

NES

Was the first I owned in 1987.

But would choose on a personal note SNES and Dreamcast over anything else.

Ryudo said:
NES

Was the first I owned in 1987.

But would choose on a personal note SNES and Dreamcast over anything else.

This man should be listened to...he speaks wise words.

disolitude said:
Why do people put Resident Evil2 over REsident Evil 1?

Its one thing to take an existing game, give it a reskin and add to gameplay to make it slightly better...and its another to invent the genre and provide a brand new never seen experience.

You tell me... which resident evil did this?

As far as OP is concerned...
I choose ps1, but you forgot the best PS1 game... Castlevania SotN.
However I do think that the 16 bit generation is the best gaming generation of all time, due to the intense competition of Snes vs Genesis.

I not really familiar with all the games of the ps1, I agree the 16-bit generation was epic.

The NES for me.

Member of the Pikmin Fan Club