By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Info on FFXIII from IGN

Soriku said:
@Rei

Retrying after you lose a battle? Good! TWEWY and BKO also have that system. There's no MP in TWEWY and BKO either.

Hmm...I like this system :) I'd rather have them kept the standard turn based battle system over this new one though and it'd be really great (it may be better than I think though).

There is much more to this system when we have seen so far. The demo lacks summons, the ability to switch between characters and there is only one "Break" command (the one that launches an enemy into the air), whilst the full game will have a lot of different commands like that.

The only possible problem is the AI. It is said that there are no gambits and that the game will use a new different system for companions. That system will also not be seen in the demo.

Around the Network

I want to see this in action. I can't put my finger on it exactly but it doesn't sound bad at all.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

point x said:
multi ,..FFXIII in Sony Discussion ,.? oh my god ,..the conspiracy began...

This relates to the demo and also the Japanese release of the game, I think its fairly appropriate. :p

At least I won't be scrambling to cast Cura on my party members after each battle. But I kinda liked doing that. These struggles gave the game meaning to me, aside from the story, visuals, and battle system. XD

Currently playing: Marvel vs. Capcom 3, League of Legends

"HP will be fully recovered at the end of each battle "

that makes the game tooooooo easy...

Around the Network

I do like that battles will be tough. Looking forward for some demo impressions.

mibuokami said:

* 720p 30FPS, minimal load time.

does that mean it wont support 1080P ???

TheThunder said:
mibuokami said:

* 720p 30FPS, minimal load time.

does that mean it wont support 1080P ???

That would be the native resolution only.

Am I the only one that's a little disappointed about what they're hearing so far? The HP regenerating after every match, I'm iffy about, but not being able to control the rest of the party members? Total let down. Why can't they bring it back to how it used to be instead of trying to reinvent the wheel with every game. I'm currently playing FF VIII and I would LOVE for it to be something "basic" like that, just in HD, new characters and different storyline.

so will it upscale or be like KZ2 ??

don't care really my tv is 720p just curious