Forums - Sony Discussion - Info on FFXIII from IGN

Rei said:
selnor said:
Rei said:
selnor said:
Rei said:
selnor said:
Rei said:

I was waiting for this and to be honest it's very sad. These sort of comments give this site a bad name. I am sorry if this really is your genuine opinion, but to many people hate on LO because it's on 360 and not a Square Enix game.

And too many people are elitists like yourself who hate on FF and everything surrounding it just because it's phenomenally popular. See - it works both ways. And I'd say it's gamers like you who give the whole internet gaming community a bad rep. People who can't stand it when someone has a different taste in games or even music.

And what are you trying to prove me with your "there are a lot of people who appreciate LO" comments? That you are not alone in loving this game? I am sure you are not. But the fact that you are a resident here at vgchartz suggest that you do realize that I am not alone in loving FF either. I have a different opinion and LO's music sounds boring to me. Deal with it.

Why post that. I suggest you look at my profile to my faveourite games.

The difference is, I think there some amazing FF games. FF2, FF6, FF7, FF9. I'm just not sucked in to hype. It's not that I think all the others suck either. FF10 was good as was FF8. But I can comfortably say that FF1, FF3, FF4 and FF12 were not great games.

And you mention me liking the game? I'm talking about the music. As an ex 1st violinist from the Brisbane youth orchestra in Australia, orchestral music touches me greatly. And if I had to pick a piece for the conductor, full of saddness and emotion. Lost Odyssey is one of the first places I'd go. I am a fully graded violinist. Not something I normally shout about. But I will give you my real name and send you footage of me to proof it privately if you want.

Yes, and you do like it. And look, it's not like you've entered this thread because you are interested in the game being discussed, just like another certain someone currently trolling in here. That's what matters. And with that you shouldnt have expected me to give you a welcoming respond.

And being a fully graded violinist, whilst sure is cool, doesnt make your opinion on the music any better than mine.

Look I'm really sorry. I did say in my original post about this if it is your opinion then thats fine. It's just generally that alot of people slate on LO whether it's music or not they never give it any credit. And alot of it is down to the fact it's not FF. But I certainly dont mean to undermine your musical taste. I hope my apology to you is accepted. :)

I can understand your point about people slating on LO for nothing, because, well, I feel the same about recent Final Fantasy titles. And no apologies needed, I wasnt offended. It's the internet after all.

I understand. It may be the internet, but I try and always be honest and myself. :)

Getting back to FF13, I can tell you I greatly hope this game is amazing. Square always provide us with great visuals ( I think it's in their nature ). I pray that FF13 is a massive return to form. I still play through FF 9 even now. Hopefully with voice acting and such, FF13 can be a real emotional trip. After all it's this reason that we all play Jrpg's. Cutscenes, Storytelling and epicness. :)

Around the Network

These tidbits have gotten me more intrigued in FFXIII. I've lost interest in the series over the last 12 years. Only Final Fantasy games I have enjoyed in 1997 were FFIX and FFX. I didn't like VII, VIII, X-2, XI, or XII. I know I've remarked the last Final Fantasy game I enjoyed was Lost Odyssey. LO gave me the feeling that Final Fantasy used to.

As Soriku so state earlier, the HP recovery is reminiscent of Baten Kaitos Origins or more recently the The Last Remmant. For anyone thinking this will make the game easier they are most likely mistaken. Every RPG I've played with after battle HP recovery was difficult. The developers take into account that you will have full HP each battle and because this every battle is can be potentially deadly. In both BKO and TLR i've fallen to common enemies many times.

Well the battle system seems like plus. If the characters and story can get my interest, this will be the first Final Fantasy game I've bought since X. Hell, I bought PS2 just to play FFX.

Well, the voice acting seems to be taking up a lot of time as everything and everyone is voice acted!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Soriku said:
@outlaw

Even NPCs...? o-o

Yep!

It was in one of the many FF13 threads.

Around the Network

Quick question. Could anyone tell me how to post the youtube videos? Like some did above i just dont know how to do it. thx!

OT: I hope FFXIII and FFvsXII have epic music!

Aww, only one character at a time in battle? My interest in FFXIII has just dropped considerably. That's one of the things I really didn't like about FFXII. =(

Hyams said:
Aww, only one character at a time in battle? My interest in FFXIII has just dropped considerably. That's one of the things I really didn't like about FFXII. =(

thats full control, u can switch between them, there is party system similar FF12.

in the scans, they have zach (the chocobo guy) fighting along side lighting, same for snow.

Harkins1721 said:
Quick question. Could anyone tell me how to post the youtube videos? Like some did above i just dont know how to do it. thx!

OT: I hope FFXIII and FFvsXII have epic music!

To the right of the video in Youtube is a URL. Highlight that and CTRL + C. Come to VGchartz go to write your reply, at the top you have 3 rows of options. Eg : Bold, Italics Underline etc etc. The image you need to click on is 2nd line down, 2nd from the right. Now when the window comes up Ctrl + V in the URL part. Size for Youtube should do automatic. :)

I like this music!!! And i hope FFXII/vs does this cool music!