By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Info on FFXIII from IGN

Soriku said:
SnakeEyez said:

Am I the only one that's a little disappointed about what they're hearing so far? The HP regenerating after every match, I'm iffy about, but not being able to control the rest of the party members? Total let down. Why can't they bring it back to how it used to be instead of trying to reinvent the wheel with every game. I'm currently playing FF VIII and I would LOVE for it to be something "basic" like that, just in HD, new characters and different storyline.

The HP regenerating system is actually pretty cool, so I don't think you should really worry about that. But I agree I'd rather take FF VIII's battle system (just without the drawing though. And I don't think FF VIII's battle system is THAT basic.) but it can turn out good.

Btw, since Hamauzu is doing the music, I wonder how good it will be (there's some piano tracks on the site, but those are just kinda...typical. Every website has some piano track or something on it. They're good but not the best representation of the music.) If music is up to this quality, it'll will be awesome (and I wonder if it'll beat Versus' music...since Yoko Shimomura's music is good, just listen to KH's music.)

It's been a while Soriku but this is good time.

I totally agree. Hamauzu and Shimomura will both do a fine job with the composition. It won't have the majestic touch of Uematsu but still good.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

Damn only 720p. 30 framerates is pretty nice.

This game isn't turnbased? My interest dropped a bit.

cheese_man said:
Damn only 720p. 30 framerates is pretty nice.

its jrpg, i just hope it's Pretty =):

mibuokami said:

* HP will be fully recovered at the end of each battle: each battle will be tough and design to not allow cheap and painless wins.

Thank God at least i won't be thinking on how to prolong battle just to cast one more healing spell like in FFX.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network
colonelstubbs said:
These already make it sound better than FF12...

I 2nd that. Although it's not very difficult is it. Enchanted Arms was better than FF12. ;).

Ok forget the Enchanted Arms comment, but FF12 did suck.

square is taking some risks with all of these changes. We shall see

Soriku said:

Well, so far I think FF XIII's music is good:

First 20 secs pretty good.

And you gotta love :49-1:21

I think Versus isn't bad either so far, but we haven't heard much. Only the song from the trailer.

I have to say, it's pretty average actually. Final Fantasy really misses Nobuo Uematsu. It doesnt seem to flow very well at all. Compare that to Nobuo's work and it really seems average. This is Nobuo's latest.

2:00 onwards is so awesome.

Man Uematsu is a bloody genius. A massive shame for FF that he is not there.

selnor said:
colonelstubbs said:
These already make it sound better than FF12...

I 2nd that. Although it's not very difficult is it. Enchanted Arms was better than FF12. ;).

Ok forget the Enchanted Arms comment, but FF12 did suck.

it suck because the star wars ripoff and the unbalanced battle system. but it have alot of potencial and a couple of great characters , like that blonde knight (dont remember his name the one who ride the chocobo in the opening) he was really cool.

I think Uematsu did his best in FFVIII and IX and then went downhill (with a few exceptions like to Zanarkand). Liberi Fatali and Fake love are unforgettable, the stuff I heard from LO and Blue Dragon is boring and uninspired. It does nothing for me, brings no emotions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UihJQy5D4jU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zfd9krEsr-k

I am not a fan of Hamauzu, but Shimomura has long surpassed Uematsu in my opinion.