By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
WiiStation360 said:
nightsurge said:
Bitmap Frogs said:

Someone post the official thread already, slackers.

Something just isn't right.

Nothing happened over the last week to justify a 20k drop for the 360 and a 2k rise for the PS3 in NA.  I expect that the PS3 will be adjusted down or the 360 will be adjusted up soon?

Last weeks numbers were adjusted.

Both 360 & PS3 dropped 6-8K in NA this week.

Wow so last week in NA there was only a 10k difference?  What's been the cause of these recent changes then?  I am a bit stumped.

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
Seihyouken said:
theprof00 said:
@skeeuk
I'm with you on this one. In my other thread "theprof00's golden saucer" I ahd three people take me up on that kind of bet. No price drop for 2009 is what I forecast.

Not a chance. Their numbers are all well a good in comparison with the 360's during the slow months, but when the Christmas rush starts later in November PS3 will get crushed by the other consoles. PS3 isn't the Wii, it doesn't have the demand or the price point to go three consecutive holiday seasons at the same price point. If Sony doesn't man up and issue at least a $50 price cut before December, they're going to see even worse sales than last year's rather abysmal result.

They will drop to 300 next February. And dominate all of 2010 with GOW3 FF13 and VS GT. 2010 PS3 destroys the market

1. While I think Sony would have at least a small pricecut sometime in 2009, I suppose there is a slight chance this would happen.

2. Do you really believe that FF13, FF13 Vs, and GT5 would all be released in the same year? That's a lot of faith.

3. Can you please define the term "dominate all of 2010" and "destroys the market"? Does it mean that PS3 will outsell Wii and 360 for one month? two months? for the whole year? or PS3 would double the sales of 360 for the year? double the sales of Wii for the year? or something else?

4. Personally I think it's highly unlikely for scenario 1-3 all come true at the same time.

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

Seihyouken said:
kowenicki said:
@slimebeast

you do realise the PS3 is down 250,000 yoy and 360 is up almost 1,000,000 yoy

this is just one week in a very quiet month.

In his defense, PS3 has been the same price since at least November 2007 while the 360 is still seeing the effects of the major price drop just over half a year ago.

This year is almost an exact replica of last year with both consoles rolls reversed. The only difference is that the 360 isn't preforming as well as PS3 last year while the PS3 isn't preforming as badly as 360 did. It's also worth noting that while the PS3 did not have a price cut to compete with the 360 during the last holiday season, 360 DID have a price cut to compete with the PS3 during the holiday season of 07.

You're quite right that this week's sales (and last week's with the recent adjustments) should not be used to determine the course of this year's sales, but the fact remains that with the 360 at least half as expensive as the PS3 in every region, this really shouldn't be happening and the reality that it is shows significant evidence that the PS3 has a selling potential that is far above the 360's.

Lol, why is it that the sensible posts are always the most carefully avoided?

Anyone trying to take solace in the YOY numbers is simply totally ignoring the above, aren't they?

This is actually the lowest week for Wii in NA in 2009 since the shortage it experienced the first few weeks of January.

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

nightsurge said:

Wow so last week in NA there was only a 10k difference?  What's been the cause of these recent changes then?  I am a bit stumped.

I am possibly wrong here but I am going to assume it has something to do with not just the PS3 releases so far this year but also the fact that Sony has been getting more announcements by the week for games to be released this year, 2 of those being titles thought to be exclusive to the 360 last year.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:

nightsurge said:

I am possibly wrong here but I am going to assume it has something to do with not just the PS3 releases so far this year but also the fact that Sony has been getting more announcements by the week for games to be released this year, 2 of those being titles thought to be exclusive to the 360 last year.

KZ2 probably moved a little bit of hardware too whereas Halo Wars was probably bought more by traditional 360 owners....

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Ail said:
Euphoria14 said:

nightsurge said:

KZ2 probably moved a little bit of hardware too whereas Halo Wars was probably bought more by traditional 360 owners....

Regardless the PS3 is doing extremely well at the moment.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Seihyouken said:
theprof00 said:
@skeeuk
I'm with you on this one. In my other thread "theprof00's golden saucer" I ahd three people take me up on that kind of bet. No price drop for 2009 is what I forecast.

Not a chance. Their numbers are all well a good in comparison with the 360's during the slow months, but when the Christmas rush starts later in November PS3 will get crushed by the other consoles. PS3 isn't the Wii, it doesn't have the demand or the price point to go three consecutive holiday seasons at the same price point. If Sony doesn't man up and issue at least a $50 price cut before December, they're going to see even worse sales than last year's rather abysmal result.

no need to be negative.

ps3 is doing admirable at its price, it sure wont sell more than 360 at xmas but it will still sell a lot.

you seem to be forgetting games? as long as ps3 tracks closely to 360 this year and on top of that sony release good games for its userbase them im happy. they have to be profitable.

as long as ps3 has the best games thats all im concerned about.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

wow

I can only say like what the guys said. If the PS3 can sell this closely to the 360 in it's home turf (while being on a roll in JP), I don't think sony needs a price cut not until 09 holidays or even early 2010

I seriously want a solid explanation for the adjustments. I just looked back over the last month and instead of the PS3 leading one week, it lead for 2 straight, and then instead of a 30-50k lead on the 360's part, it was dropped to 3-20k lead per week.