By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGC Golden Saucer PLACE YOUR BETS!

Does the prediction league thread use their own form of $? I might wanna check that thread. I played the vg$ game for 2 weeks before it left.

Around the Network
happydolphin said:

Does the prediction league thread use their own form of $? I might wanna check that thread. I played the vg$ game for 2 weeks before it left.

Prediciton League wasn't really a thread. It was an entire section of vgchartz, in a way.

$ was basically every thing the same as points except you could use them.

Having both would be great.

I think you started at $100? Could be $1000. It cost $25 to change your avatar, you could go into the minus (debt) as Leo found out.

Prediction league you could lose money

Prof or seece, one of you should run it!

I kind of remember it. It was I think when you clicked on your dollars, or it was in a section of the website. It wasn't a thread really, the background was black and orange and there were rows with some of ours names and the dollars we had accumulated or lost. I think we all started with 1000vg$.

There were also  the games we predicted sales for and something like the percentage accuracy against the actual sales or the diff between our prediction and the actual sales. It was a cool feature, I was just getting into it. Some people were really good at the game, I can't remember who though. Was Darth good? I vaguely remember his name there.

Around the Network
man-bear-pig said:

It isn't something any of us can "run". It was a section programmed into the site that affected our VG$ total automatically according to the results. Doing it in thread form would be a real pain (and pointless since the VG$ would only exist in that thread).

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
man-bear-pig said:

It isn't something any of us can "run". It was a section programmed into the site that affected our VG$ total automatically according to the results. Doing it in thread form would be a real pain (and pointless since the VG$ would only exist in that thread).

I think he was referring to "running the prediction league" or running the associated features encompassed by vg$.

TruckOSaurus said:
man-bear-pig said:

Well, that's not strictly true, hopefully it can be brought back when Brett and the devs have enough time, I'd manage it.

theprof00 said:

If you were looking for "TheProf00's Golden Shower" You clicked on the wrong link.

Welcome back everyone, to the outset of a new generation!!! I'm sure this time there will be plenty of new bets and predictions for people to take up and save for our future new users. BEWARE new users! This thread will record all your dumb ideas!

Here are the rules:

A bet is made by posting here, or anywhere for that matter. Basically, if you make a bet somewhere, this thread should be notified. Attention other users: please post any bets you notice here, as I'm sure some recalcitrants will hope their failures go unnoticed.

If you make a bet or prediction, as per the rules above, you are subject to challenge. If a challenge is lost, the loser is subject to penalties. Generally, penalties are subjective per challenger decision. This can be as simple as avatar control, to as dire as REQUESTED PERMABAN!!! Again. Beware!

Remember, it's more fun to make close bets, than it is to make sure ones.
Good luck, and have fun!!!

Scoreboard:

Bets/Predictions:

Socom 4 will be Huge. 3 Million sold by year end - BHR-3 - Made 2010

The PS3 will not fall under 200k a week WW for the rest of this generation - markers - Made 9/18/09
Japan -    Will Not fall under 28k a week
America - Will Not fall under 76k a week
Others -   Will Not fall under 96k a week

3D Dot Game Heroes will be a million seller- markers- Made 10/12/09

OnLive will "work", I mean it won't crash and go bankrupt in the months following it's release,  and, it will reach 100.000 subscribers in 3 months.- Alterego-X - Made 4/9

Currently Challenged Bets:

Mikami's new game, "VANQUISH," will not be a standard western-style shooter (which is to say it will have a Mikami or Japanese bent).  If borderline or disputable, we can declare no victory. - Khuutra - Made 3/2010
Accepted Bettors (1/1) - Naznatips - Bet: WiiWare/VC/Steam game choice as long as the value is $10 or less.

Snake612 bet with Carl2291 that GT5 would not sell 2.5M copies during week one (each region's week one totaled). If lost, Snake cannot create any thread on Vgchartz.com for 6 months. If Carl loses, nothing happens.

Nintendo 3DS (LADYLOO) will be priced at 229$ at release. -  TheProf00 - Made 3/24/10
Accepted Bettors (2/3) - RedSpear (less than 199$) - Bamboleo (189$) Made 3/24/10

ModNationRacers will sell 5 million units within the first year on sale (52 weeks) - theprof00 - Made 1/13/10
Accepted Bettors (1/3)- Saicho

Fable III will release in 2010- dsister44- Made 10/22/09
Accepted Bettors (1/3)- TheProf00 10/22

Completed Bets:

CHALLENGED FAILED - FF13 will have the highest opening week sales of any game up to it's release date (Japan only)-TheProf00 - Made 4/9

CHALLENGED SUCCESSFUL- PS3 sales for the week ending 9/19/09 will be higher than Wii sales- Carl2291 - CGI-Quality
Accepted Bettors (1/6): Atma998

CHALLENGED FAILED- Wii will not have a price drop until 2010- TheProf00 - Made 4/9
Accepted Bettors (1/3): Megaman.2.

CHALLENGED FAILED- Wii will not pass PS3+360 combined sales any week of 2009 (Japan only)- TheProf00 - Made 4/9 UPDATE: LOST after 5 weeks on 5/14 combined sales were 296 units less than wii sales.
Accepted bettors (3/3): BladeofGod - Trestres - Saicho

CHALLENGED, FAILED- PS3 will not have a price drop until 2010- TheProf00 - City17 - Made 4/9-
Accepted Bettors (3/6): Euphoria14 - Vetteman94 - Leonidas

UNCHALLENGED, FAILED- In the month after the release of motion+, Wii will reach 700 000 weekly worldwide sales at least once.- Alterego-X - Made 4/9-

UNCHALLENGED, FAILED- Sony will win E3 with a gigantic announcement - TheProf00 - Made 4/9-

UNCHALLENGED, SUCCESSFUL- 3 months after dsi release, WW sales will be down 10% from the normal trend for the rest of the year.- TheProf00 - Made 4/9 (explanation: 1/4/08-4/4/09=5,553,824 same time frame in '09=5456114 result -97710 =1.76% drop. Therefore, from 5/4/09-1/1/10, sales should be 11.76% less than from 5/4/08-01/04/09. 22,741,343 / .1176= 2,674,381 less than '08 over the whole year.

Time for an update:

Currently Challenged Bets:

Mikami's new game, "VANQUISH," will not be a standard western-style shooter (which is to say it will have a Mikami or Japanese bent).  If borderline or disputable, we can declare no victory. - Khuutra - Made 3/2010
Accepted Bettors (1/1) - Naznatips - Bet: WiiWare/VC/Steam game choice as long as the value is $10 or less.

Khuutra wins this bet. It was not a shooter at all.
Naz is subject to Khuutras will.

Snake612 bet with Carl2291 that GT5 would not sell 2.5M copies during week one (each region's week one totaled). If lost, Snake cannot create any thread on Vgchartz.com for 6 months. If Carl loses, nothing happens.

global sales week one was 2.35, Snake is not allowed to make any threads for 6 months. Since we have not seen snake in about 3 years, I'll assume this result took place.

Nintendo 3DS (LADYLOO) will be priced at 229$ at release. -  TheProf00 - Made 3/24/10
Accepted Bettors (2/3) - RedSpear (less than 199$) - Bamboleo (189$) Made 3/24/10

Red spear and Bamboleo lose. 3ds was actually 250$ at release. Which was highlighted in the thread. Once again, Prof knows more about nintendo stuff even though he's a ps fanboy. Neither of these posters has been active in a while, so I'll assume they were too embarassed to return.

ModNationRacers will sell 5 million units within the first year on sale (52 weeks) - theprof00 - Made 1/13/10

Complete failure. Saicho has sig control for one month. Though I believe he is also MIA.

Fable III will release in 2010- dsister44- Made 10/22/09
Accepted Bettors (1/3)- TheProf00 10/22

It actually was released in dec 2010. So close. Sig control, but I believe it was already relinquished.