By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Selnors Reviews: Lost Odyssey

MontanaHatchet said:
The loading is not an issue going in and out of fights? I'm sorry, but that's just not true. You can't justify watching the game spin around environments 15-20 seconds before the fight finally starts. Not that the fights are all that fun anyways. Ahh well, it gets extra points since it's a Japanese RPG in the days of the genre's decline.

A solid 7.8 from me!

I guess I play to many Jrpg's. :) It seems no different to me than any other for fight loading. Normally it just shows the characters and they say something before the fight.

Around the Network

The best JRPG so far this gen

Good review, it would get a 8.5/10 from me

The only gripes i have with it are the loading times for battles (i see MontanaHatchet already brought that up) and the fact that it has the 2nd worst villain of any JRPG this gen.
Everything else... is pretty epic.

MontanaHatchet said:
The loading is not an issue going in and out of fights? I'm sorry, but that's just not true. You can't justify watching the game spin around environments 15-20 seconds before the fight finally starts. Not that the fights are all that fun anyways. Ahh well, it gets extra points since it's a Japanese RPG in the days of the genre's decline.

A solid 7.8 from me!

15-20 seconds??  HOLY COW, did we play the same game?  I honestly don't remember this being an issue at all...and I played the hell out of this game.

I wonder if that was affected by the 360's "cache"?  Maybe?  Hell I'm reaching here, but I really don't remember long load times at all.  Judging ONLY against other JRPG's I've played this gen, LO is a definite 9 or 10 for me as well.

Screw this game. Selnor I know you have info on NFS: Shift....what's new?

http://soundcloud.com/cathode

PSN: Parasitic_Link

I would give it a 8.

graphics - Amazing

Story - Decent but I found the dreams the best and very touching. Stories like little Liar really made me feel soft, they are even so great I want to buy the book of it and oh, I can't forget how bad disc three was X_X! I almost quit the game.

Music - Excellent can't complain about it.

Gameplay - For a lot of JRPG fans it probably feels alright but for me it was kind to slow, like Montana mentioned the loading times are a pain in the ass and I HATE THE LEVELING UP system. I encourage devs/producers who try to make JRPG's different but this was one I wished they didn't changed.

Overall the game was better than I expected but it had some flaws I can't forgive.

Around the Network

Planning on getting this game.

Btw they way I assume it's random battles?

Carl2291 said:
The best JRPG so far this gen

Good review, it would get a 8.5/10 from me

The only gripes i have with it are the loading times for battles (i see MontanaHatchet already brought that up) and the fact that it has the 2nd worst villain of any JRPG this gen.
Everything else... is pretty epic.

Who was #1?

Good review selnor, I am glad people enjoyed that game. I just could not understand it.

Their needs to be an idiots guide on how to play Lost Odyssey. I bought a second hand copy with no instruction manual. I found Lost Odyssey too difficult and frustrating. I gave up on the game aftyer 4 hours. The controls were annoying, I hate turn based games. I rate it 5 out of 10.

I however enjoyed both Mass Effect and Oblivion. I passed them both easily with no assistance required and I rate them both 8.5 out of 10.

I intend on playing both Fallout 3 and Fable 2. I heard Fable 2 is a bit too short and easy. But Fallout 3 is also short aswell for an RPG.

How does Lost Odyssey compare to Eternal Sonata and Blue Dragon? Two other Japanese action adventure/RPGs.

numonex said:
Good review selnor, I am glad people enjoyed that game. I just could not understand it.

Their needs to be an idiots guide on how to play Lost Odyssey. I bought a second hand copy with no instruction manual. I found Lost Odyssey too difficult and frustrating. I gave up on the game aftyer 4 hours. The controls were annoying, I hate turn based games. I rate it 5 out of 10.

How does Lost Odyssey compare to Eternal Sonata and Blue Dragon? Two other Japanese action adventure/RPGs.

LO isn't difficult, it could be frustrating at times. Just like any other jrpg. :P

It really is much better than Blue dragon. Just because the characters aren't so fking annoying. Eternal sonata was tolerable but it does not even compare to LO.

great review but i think the game dont deserve 9 .. i think 8.5 is fair.