By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The most milked franchise in gaming

I agrtee with Night striker. While that is alot of singstars they cater to different people. Personally my vote goes to Guitar Hero. I think i read somewhere that theres like 5 of them coming out this year. Talk about milking

Long Live SHIO!

Around the Network

The Mario IP is certainly being milked(though not to the point that it will have a negative effect on sales).
This is thanks to the fact that the IP has spawned 5 not-so-milked franchises:
Platformer
RPG
Sports/Racing
Party
Puzzle

Of which I'd certainly call the Party series milked during it's time, though it's probably due for a proper update after WM+ is released.

Sonic, NFS and mario.

oh yea NFS.. its been around for what over 12 yrs and a new one keeps popping up annually

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

owner of : atari 2600, commodore 64, NES,gameboy,atari lynx, genesis, saturn,neogeo,DC,PS2,GC,X360, Wii

5 THINGS I'd like to see before i knock out:

a. a AAA 3D sonic title

b. a nintendo developed game that has a "M rating"

c. redesgined PS controller

d. SEGA back in the console business

e. M$ out of the OS business

I'm not sure I'd count something like Singstar. Being music orientated is lends itself to a continual stream of updates. I know these are being released individually but I see this in the same manner as the constant stream of new music for Rockstar, etc.

There's no milking going on because its the same title really.

Milking IMHO requires lots of differing, increasingly crazy spin offs and the wearing thin of an originally focused concept.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Around the Network

I googled this up..

http://www.smbhq.com/list.htm

its a list of all games of Mario or has a cameo of him up to the Gamecube Gen (Does not include Wii or NDS) ..i think overall Mario has been milked more due to the accessibility of obtaining most of the Mario games worldwide (we've almost all of the Mario games in stores), whereas there's only a handful of Singstar games that are even in NA.