By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The most milked franchise in gaming

I was going to go with Mega Man. 6 games on the NES with barely any changes. Mario had 3 games on the NES that were all completely different. Today we're getting 1 Mario platformer per system, and I don't even know how many Mega Man games per week.

But the OP's right. SingStar is way worse, and possibly the most milked of all time by now. Guitar Hero is trying to catch up, and I think Dance Dance Revolution was the most milked for a while too.

And if you include all Tom Clancy games, then it's way up there too.

It's definitely NOT Mario.

Around the Network

yeah I think there might actually be more final fantasy games than that rol. This was a failure. Unless you are only talking about core games, sans spinoffs, but then why would you need to put restrictions on it like that?

Whoa

No Super Mario in the list?

Way to lose all cred...

hey, why aren't there any video-game soundtrack versions of singstar WTF!!!???

Around the Network

Mario
Mega Man
Final Fantasy

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

My Most Wanted Games: StarCraft II, Diablo III, Next console Zelda, and Final Fantasy VII remake.

I'd honestly have to go with Final Fantasy.

I think Guitar Hero, lately...

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

yeah, singstar has a lot of games, but that is because they have to release unique music that appeals to it's region. So, in America, we have gotten I think 7 singstar games, but thats it. Each region got a different versions of this game.

i would say the most milked franchise in America would be the sports games like Madden with their yearly releases... At least mario takes a couple years to release a game.

theprof00 said:
hey, why aren't there any video-game soundtrack versions of singstar WTF!!!???

If that's a joke then that's damn funny. Otherwise, it's still funny but you really need to rethink that for one minute.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.