By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The most milked franchise in gaming

singstar hmmm:

Around the Network

Mario is not bad for milked franchise. Though it takes pretty high marks for milked IP. Which isn't that bad a thing. It's like Sony putting their name on all Sony games or Nintendo putting their names on games. It's image.

The number one milked franchise. Star Trek. It's series of games ranges from descent to craptastic. I remember playing the first ST game and it was 4 colours. You travel to different planets choose your away team and solve the puzzles based on your team.

You name me a Mario game back in the day when 4 colours?

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

Wow that is pretty ridiculous. Way too many singstars. I think EA's sport franchise deserves a mention though. Pretty much they pump out the same game year in and year out.

95% of gamers don't know they are noobs, the 5% who do won't be noobs for long

Check out my kickstarter project: http://kck.st/15CEuUT

Check out my blog: http://www.metropolisgaming.com

.jayderyu said:
You name me a Mario game back in the day when 4 colours?

Well... Super Mario Land for the Game Boy only supported 4 shades, so I guess there technically is one...

As for the actual subject, I see the view of Singstar, but with no real way to get new songs, I see why it was needed on the PS2. (I'm not going to deny that some milking has started with the PS3, though.) I'm going to have to say Final Fantasy, I mean, look at the number of times FF1 has been re-released. How about all the FF7 spinoffs? And I'm sorry, but making a sequel to a sequel (X-2) is screaming of a milked cow.

-dunno001

-On a quest for the truly perfect game; I don't think it exists...

My list:

Guitar Hero
Mario
Megaman
Pokemon Spinoffs
Final Fantasy Spinoffs
Sonic
Call of Duty [Yes, they make 1 every November]
Need for Speed

Battlefield Bad Company 2 > Modern Warfare 2

Around the Network

Dance Dance Revolution is just about equally as bad as Singstar. Granted that Singstar did alot in 5 years though. lol

I agree with some people that this title should be exempted since it differs from releases from region to region. I never saw these many Singstar games at my Gamestop or game store period. lol

FootballFan - "GT has never been bigger than Halo. Now do a comparison between the two attach ratios and watch GT get stomped by Halo. Reach will sell 5 million more than GT5. Quote me on it."

Mario, he's been in somewhere around 145 games

Can't think of anything else than mario.

Mario has only been milked in certain areas. The "Super Mario" games are still excellent, but things like Mario Party, and all the Mario sports games have pretty much run their course. Then again, the new Mario Party games are still fun, they just haven't changed much of anything.

Guitar Hero is about as milked as it can be, but as soon as Rockband 3 gets released with a keyboard, you know GH will have to strike back with a saxophone or something dumb.

Pokemon games don't really change. I had Pokemon Red and I didn't buy another Pokemon game until I got Pearl. It was the same damn game!

Finally, The Sims and their endless expansion packs. I like the way that The Sims 2 was a big step up from the Sims 1, but it was released like 4 years ago, and all we've gotten since then are more add-ons. I hope the Sims 3 does somehing to change the formula a bit.

Add me on Xbox Live: TopCat8

JaggedSac said:
Onyxmeth said:
JaggedSac said:
Aren't some of Singstar games country specific?

Yup. I actually don't agree with Singstar being the most milked. I just think with the type of game it is, it should deserve a pardon. They need to makes different tracklists for different countries, and then need to give them all different variations for individual tastes. It just has certain expectations that force it to be "milked" in that sense. Sports games deserve the same pardon because they have to release yearly to catch roster updates for the fans.

Yeah, I agree with ya.  They just didn't go the DLC route.

Actually Singstar has taken the DLC route this generation with the SingStore but there are still people who doesnt have the ability to connect to the internet or doesnt want to spend money online. This is the reason for releasing track packs on disc.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453