By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Like other people have said, only if the Wii taps into China/India does it have a chance of this, though I would write off emerging markets, like eastern Europe and Russia.

One person's experience or opinion never shows the general consensus

PSN ID: Tispower

MSN: tispower1@hotmail.co.uk

Around the Network

2 things. nintendo does not and will not have the capacity to produce enough wii's to hit that. the ds is destroying the wii and it wont get to even 200 million because of production as the limit.

the other is that the audience still isnt quite there. fringe markets might start coming into view (china, india, etc), but video games wont be able to break into them enough to make a difference. it should take at least this gen and one more before they actually matter.

my pillars of gaming: kh, naughty dog, insomniac, ssb, gow, ff

i officially boycott boycotts.  crap.

240m huh?

As a minimum I guess that is ok - I still stick with my ?prediction? of a potential market for the Wii of 500m - maybe even higher. Whether it lasts that long before Ninty introduce a Wii II - no idea.

In general, I agree with everything John says.

Something funny happened this last weekend. With my new fangled 50'' Plasma sitting in my living room... games on the Wii now look amazing. I was worried that the increased screen size would render them ugly somehow... not at all. Actually sort of blown away.

Tried RE4, Mercury Revolution (a really cool game BTW!), Strikers (amazing on this thing)... and the best one of all... Excitetruck. Truly amazing.

If I was worried about gfx looking dated - its now such a non-issue. And all this for "first-gen" titles.

Ninty will hit their targets by March '08 - and then we'll see what sort of production figures they plan for '08. I think you'll see about 25m units shipped in '08-'09 (maybe up to 30m). Most of those will sell, and you will see about 50m install base by March '09.

Bring on Metroid & Galaxy - then I can't wait to see what hits next year. You will then see some real innovation start to hit.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

John Lucas says 240 million is the bare minimum for lifetime sales of the Wii.

I say 240 million is the bare minimum for lifetime sales of the Wii and DS combined.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Wow.. some of the craziest posts i've read, jlucas and ssj, come to claim your prizes

Around the Network
tabsina said:
Wow.. some of the craziest posts i've read, jlucas and ssj, come to claim your prizes

I'm starting to think ssj12 came here just to steal john's thunder

ssj12 is janemba

mM
johnlucas said:

What does that number stand for?

Hahaha. Why it signifies the bare minimum sales total for your favorite and mine...the Wii.

Two Hundred and Forty Million will be the lowest possible amount of sales for the Wii's lifetime. The LOWEST amount.

When in doubt, quote aerosmith songs:

Dream On Dream On Dream On
Dream until your dreams come true
Dream until your dream comes through
Dream On Dream On
Dream On Dream On

Dolla Dolla said:
tabsina said:

I'm starting to think ssj12 came here just to steal john's thunder

na, just figured this thread would be interesting to compare my predictions to as I havent seen the source post up one in a while with the PS3 in it. 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

JeffLee said:
johnlucas said:

What does that number stand for?

Hahaha. Why it signifies the bare minimum sales total for your favorite and mine...the Wii.

Two Hundred and Forty Million will be the lowest possible amount of sales for the Wii's lifetime. The LOWEST amount.

When in doubt, quote aerosmith songs:

Dream until your dreams come true
Dream until your dream comes through
Dream On Dream On
Dream On Dream On

i love that song, if only it had a meaning.  hmm, it might.  it might.  o it does.

my pillars of gaming: kh, naughty dog, insomniac, ssb, gow, ff

i officially boycott boycotts.  crap.