By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

WTF, page 2 and still no flaming / swearing / trolling / namecalling! Thumbs up guys!

Currently playing: NSMB (Wii) 

Waiting for: Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii), The Last Story (Wii), Golden Sun (DS), Portal 2 (Wii? or OSX), Metroid: Other M (Wii), 
... and of course Zelda (Wii) 
Around the Network

John Lucas is back!

240 mln... it's possible, since in addition to market expansion, there's also all these developing countries, like china.  not that the chinese will buy any games (piracy), but they'll need to buy consoles.

the Wii is an epidemic.

Well, it certainly does sound insane but I wouldn't completely rule it out...

I think it would past PS2's sale but maybe I'll go with this, too. Doesn't hurt to be optimistic XD

I'm an ALIEN!!!! - officially identified as by Konnichiwa

Of course... My English is still... horrible - appreciation and thanks to FJ-Warez  

Brawl FC: 0301-9911-8154

Welcome back JohnLucas... and as outrageous your prediction may look, I don't think its that far from possible reality.

The only possible things to stop your prediction to become real are production limitations and Nintendo's next console. My estimate would be 170 millions for the Wii at end of life.

It can happen is it that likely no but did any one predict how big the computers would become no besides China is in much more likely to become a huge market possibly a bit larger than Europe the potrntial buyers there is insane the only problem will be that all games must be censured which sucks

If Nintendo has truly been sucsessfull whit their blue ocean strategy it should actully double the userbase from last generation that will make it possible but I will stict to the Nintendos Wii to sell minimum 147 million consoles.

My dog is way beyond my ranking list than you.

Din Apekatt  

Around the Network

o.O

Crazy predictions are fun indeed, although SSJs PSP/DS prediction steals a slice of the crazy pie as well.

Personally I dont think the Wii will pass 150M, but we shall see.

The market wont expand that much by the end of this get(PS2-120million,Xbox-25millionGC-20million=165million)If the Wii reaches 240million then it makes the market alot bigger by itself this wont happen i would say bravo to Nintendo if the Wii breaks 80million and clapse if the Wii passes PS2 numbers(when it stops selling).By the end of next gen then maybe a console could sell 240million....just.
Total amount of consoles sold at the end of this gen=200million-250million
Total amount of consoles sold at the end of next gen=300million-400million
Breakdown of amount of consoles sold at the end of this gen:
If the Wii wiins(bad pun) Chance of happening:Most definately:
.......LEAST.............MOST.......
Wii:95million.......110million
PS3:65million......85million
X360:40million....55million
If PS3 wins Chance of happening:possible:
........LEAST............MOST........
PS3:90million......120million(if it sells to every PS2 owner)
Wii:60million.......70million
X360:50million....60million
If X360 wins Chance of happening:Not a one:
..........LEAST...........MOST........
X360:90million.....115million
Wii:55million........75million
PS3:55million.......70million

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

Soriku said:
@crazy

Maybe 'cause PS2 = $300, PS3 = $500-600 at launch? And PS2 had good T-P support from the beginning.

well Nintendo can ruin Wii 2 the same way sony "ruined" the PS3.

And a little on topic, there's really no way Wii will hit 240mil =_= 

you're funny johnlucas, as unrealistic as it is i think it is at least entertaining and i commen you for making so many brave predictions.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Soriku said:
^ And South Africa.

They need maps, not Wii's.

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.