By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

80-110 million max ... thats it , I wont say more ...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network
Soriku said:
Seriouslg I say the utter MAX is 180 mil-200 mil. TOPS. MAX. Lowest is 100 mil.

I dont see it because your ignoring the fact that theres 2 other consoles and 2 handheld. Yes some handheld gamers prefer just the handheld and nothing more. 

My Predictions:

PS2: 160m
PS3: 130m
Wii: 120m
DS: 100m
PSP: 95m
360: 80m

I included the PS2 because it wont be discontinued till the announcement for the next gen consoles (PS4, Wii 2, 720, Sega WonderCast, and yes I want Sega back in the game console business)

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

John, the Wii 2 maybe. The Wii will not reach those numbers. The PS2 sold so much, because.. well lets say it has weak competition. The Wii has a good amount of competition. Also this gen is a phase over of the leading company. I think Nintendo needs to be the leader in the second generation so it can reach thus numbers.

120 Mil. Wii's +-20 Million, thats my prediction.

They could do it, if largest market share was nintendo's goal over profitability. If they were to cut the price of the Wii by $100, and bundled in Wii fit with the console in addition to Wii sports, and upped production to 2 million a month, and started working on new things like Wii fit to attract causals, and worked on making a really good RPG/Multiplayer FPS ect the Wii could reach 240 million quite easily. I doubt Nintendo will do it though.

We've missed you John. Glad to see your back and as... "ambitious" as ever.

For those of you who haven't been around as long, Sure his prediction is insanity. But John's made some assinine predictions before that turned out to be suprisingly accurate.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network

This is an insane prediction, but if everything goes nintendo's way and every1 starts playing video games, it is possible... this generation will be one with huge growth...and nintendo has been capitilizing on this...

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

RolStoppable said:
ssj12 said:
Soriku said:
Seriouslg I say the utter MAX is 180 mil-200 mil. TOPS. MAX. Lowest is 100 mil.

I dont see it because your ignoring the fact that theres 2 other consoles and 2 handheld. Yes some handheld gamers prefer just the handheld and nothing more.

My Predictions:

PS2: 160m
PS3: 130m
Wii: 120m
DS: 100m
PSP: 90m
360: 70m

I included the PS2 because it wont be discontinued till the announcement for the next gen consoles (PS4, Wii 2, 720, Sega WonderCast, and yes I want Sega back in the game console business)

Congrats, you beat John Lucas. This is the most outrageous prediction I have ever read on this forum.

Gee, why? is it because I see Sony and Nintendo ending up with insanely close chunks of the market with Sony only inches past. And yea, I lowered my PSP prediction by 5m, and the 360 to 70m. Those sound better. 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Excuse me ssj12, PS3 : 130m, Wii : 120m... Ok this COULD occur with a dramatic change of support or demand. But.. 100m Ds and 95m PSP's?? Are you serious? The DS is already half way there and approaching it faster, the PSP... not so much. :-S

240 is absolutely insane. it would be AWESOME. but no way in hell its happening. i personally think it'll sell a bit over 100 mil but could reasonably see it selling up to 120m. for a general range i'll expand on that a little bit. ps2 will probably end up being in the high 120's and i so my upper limit will have it passing that. i'll say wii will sell between 100 and 140 million. if it is out of this range either low or high i will eat my hat, literally. meanwhile even if it does pass the gameboy and ps2 it'll only be the second best selling system ever cuz if nintendo keeps the ds alive and doesn't kill it prematurely with bringing out a new portable like they did with the gba then it will probably sell 140-160.

end of '08 predictions: wii - 43 million,  360 - 25 million, ps3 - 20 million

Games I've beat recently: Super Mario Galaxy, Knights of the Old Republic, Shadow of the Collossus

Proud owner of wii, gamecube, xbox, ps2, dreamcast, n64, snes, genesis, 3DO, nes, atari, intellivision, unisonic tournament 2000, and gameboy

To steal a line from Soriku, Wii? 240 mil? Not a chance in Hell.

Even though you love the Wii and all things Nintendo doesn't mean that everyone and their grandma will buy a Wii. I know that I'll be one of those who won't buy a Wii, just because it doesn't interest me at all. I just can't see any "must have" game that they have coming out that I just have to have and play.

That said, the wii will end up doing well, but it depends on whether the buzz for it fizzles out sooner then later. I think the lower end of Wii sales will be around the 60 mil mark, but if the buzz continues I can see it doing around 120 mil, but not much more then that. I just have a feeling that Nintendo will go and release a followup console much to early and then do what they always do and forget about the old and focus on the new.

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.