By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Wii upper limit = length of this generation. It'll need somewhere around 10-12 years with increased production to sell 240,000,000.

Currently playing: Civ 6

Around the Network

and John returns.. with his insane predictions.. i was predicting 120m at the of it's life.. but double that.. geez.. dream on theres not enough grandmas, and gamers for that.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

So.... buy NTDOY?

hum,
my max sales predictions for Wii was around 200M
not 250M

Time to Work !

240mil is beyond insane, last gen there were 120mil PS2s lets say that 20mil had been replacement consoles, people might have dropped theirs, some might have broken.  Now thats 100mil, take off another 10mil for people who bought the new slim design one, thats 90mil different owners of the PS2.  The GC sold 20mil the xbox sold 24mil, out of those numbers lets say 70% owned another system, so thats only 14mil gamers last gen that never owned a PS2.

Last gen saw 104mil different people own a system, so far the wii has sold 11mil, out of that number 10% never owned a system last gen. So we only have 10% new users after 9months.  But lets take this to the extreme and say that the wii is able to make 40% new users this gen.

This gen will see 145.6mil gamers at the very most, this also assumes that all Sony/xbox fans will buy the wii at one time during this generation.

This also assumes that Nintendo can make this many systems, which i doubt they can. Sony was able to make 120mil PS2's due to its massive industry of other products it makes and was able force those factories to make the PS2.

Around the Network

I'd say this prediction is... insane at the least. I hope it comes true but i believe the Wii will sell around 60 millions (minimum) - 90 millions (max)...

yay john lucas, finally. although I do not agree with al your predictions, I really like to read them.

80mil to 145.6mil is what it will sell in my mind, the upper number being if all the planets and moons line up just right and give reggie super powers :)

Very close to 80mil would be my official guess.

yeah but your ds prediction is even lower Soriku you do now that only in december the ds sold 1.6  and 1.7 million in America and Europe ad japan to that and you are already at your lowest prediction. 60 million would be closer.

The reason there were 120m+ and counting PS2's is because the thing wasn't the greatest for longevity. Nintendo is well known for quality hardware so I doubt many people will be getting replacement Wii's in the lifecycle of the Wii. This is why it CANNOT hit the 240m mark. I see it hitting 130-150m EOL.