By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Get your torchs and pichforks ........ some words on Fatal Frame and NOA

From IGN

A Tecmo spokesperson gave IGN the following statement:

"Nintendo holds the publishing rights to 'Fatal Frame Wii,' which was developed by Tecmo LTD. and Grasshopper Manufacture and released in Japan on July 31, 2008. Nintendo of America has since then decided not to publish the title in North America – consequently, the title will not be released in this territory. As the owner of the IP, Tecmo feels very unfortunate that the fans of the series in North America will not have a chance to play the game, but respects the final decision made by Nintendo of America

http://wii.ign.com/articles/970/970875p1.html

Petition time??? No .....yes???

Around the Network

Wow. This could be a buzz word title that you could use to satisfy the more "core" gamers.

Great decision.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

F**k You Nintendo!

Well, this is certainly BS.

Nintendo wants RE5 on the Wii, but Nintendo won't merely bring over Fatal Frame, which only needs to be interpreted and shipped.

Speechless.

Around the Network

What was their reason?

alfredofroylan said:

From IGN

A Tecmo spokesperson gave IGN the following statement:

"Nintendo holds the publishing rights to 'Fatal Frame Wii,' which was developed by Tecmo LTD. and Grasshopper Manufacture and released in Japan on July 31, 2008. Nintendo of America has since then decided not to publish the title in North America – consequently, the title will not be released in this territory. As the owner of the IP, Tecmo feels very unfortunate that the fans of the series in North America will not have a chance to play the game, but respects the final decision made by Nintendo of America

http://wii.ign.com/articles/970/970875p1.html

Petition time??? No .....yes???

YesWiiCan said:
What was their reason?

I don't think they've even said they turned it down as much as "We're not the publisher".

The lack of clarity on this issue is maddening.

It is pretty worrying that Nintendo won't bring out Disaster or Fatal Frame NA side. Makes me wonder about all those titles they announced at their conference.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Could it be that it's difficult to translate?

Chances are, they evaluated that it's not worth bringing to NA, profit wise.