By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's most overrated game of all time?

lazyrider said:
LBP - I just can't enjoy this game (hate the controls) and yet everywhere you read how this is an absolute marvel, with great innovation (???) and level design. If Nintendo made a Mario this bad, we would never hear the end of it.

And yes there is a level editor which is the most boring thing I have ever seen (though I do enjoy some of the created levels, just can't be bothered to do it myself, there are only 24 hours in a day...)

Around the Network

I think Halo 3 is the most overrated game. I never seen any game get as much hype as Halo 3 did. Its like every 360 owner bought that game.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

Halo 3

It's not a bad game(far from), but the game is overhyped and it isn't as good as everyone says it is.

Definately Halo3. The game was hyped almost the point of a new Star Wars film. The single player was terrible, technically looked like HD Halo2 with HDR and whilst the multiplayer is good fun, it's still not enough to justify the sheer amount of hype it received.

Also: GTAIV (prefered San Andreas) and Resistance: FoM (Very average FPS).

Myviewing said:
Orca_Azure said:
Myviewing said:
My number 1 is Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, the other two I can name are Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes and Metal Gear Solid 2.

How could I forget that one. That toon link will forever burn black patches in my mind- cleaving the the idea I once had of link int two as if were a jelly, and he- the master sword. How I wretch every time I see his conductor's stick and his oddly colored body. Seeing him wear the garbs of link and call himself a hero never ceases to pain me as if he were stabbing nails into the depths of my cornias. How I utterly despise the toon link and his boat which required me to play a melody every time i wanted to change direction. How I loathe it.

summary: i'm not the biggest windwaker fan :D

It wasn't even the fact that Link was a cartoon character, it was the fact that the game was boring and tedious due to the sailing.  And I'm just baffled as the the wonder why people claim the game is underrated and/or has such an amazing story, the game only has one review that gives it lower than an 8/10, and the story just doesn't get interesting at any point and the dialogue was even worse.

Summary: I'm not a big Windwaker fan either.

I think that many people who say that Wind Waker is tedious because of the sailing hasn't gotten very far in the game.

Don't get me wrong, in the beginning sailing is tedious.  Also, I can see how, even when you get abilities to speed up the process, it can be tedious the entire game for some people.

For me, the fun of the game was the sailing.  Going to explore islands, ships, and towers.  It was something no other game I have played has done before.

I just wanted to point out that some people would find it fun.

Around the Network

Definatley Halo 3 with GTA4 a close second.

FF7. A fine game, but not a spectacular one.

Final F-ing Fantasy XII....

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Halo

Any zelda after number 3

Gran Turismo

Last year's game of the year turned out to be Silent Hill : Shattered Memories (online GOTY was COD 6).  This year's GOTY leader to me is Heavy Rain.

Wii Friend Code: 4094-4604-1880-6889

Orca_Azure said:

Guitar Hero (all of them)

Gran turismo (all of them)

Metal Gear Solid

Mario Galaxy

Pretty much everything on the gamecube except for about 4 games.

Yeah that covers it I think

You forgot to add the entire HALO series