By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's most overrated game of all time?

GTA IV

amazing game, for a 9.6 not straight 10

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Around the Network
Reasonable said:

But hey, sometimes something has to be very very good to be truly massively overrated, so its not that bad right?

That is a very good way to look at it.

OT: I hate topics like this. I wouldn't pick any particular game I've played as "most overrated game of all time".

yo_john117 said:
radha said:
Halo franchise , any FPS on pc can kick its ass, but since it was the first one on console with succesful multiplayer it got treated as if it was send from heaven when CS, HL, CoD and TF2 are like a million times better

You sir are a fool and apply to my sig.

Halo has THE BEST online multiplayer ever!!

And don't make me prove to you with numbers, jagged sac has plenty of numbers to prove just how awesome halo is

did you know that numbers don't prove awesomeness?

Romance is like playing Mastermind except the girl never tells you which pegs you got right. - Seanbaby

Final Fantasy VII. Nothing has been hyped so high for delivering so little. Up until the release of Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World, FFVII had the worst lead character in JRPG history.

Grant Theft Auto IV

good game, but it was overhyped, and not as good as reviewers said.

Around the Network

Halo 3.

Halo 3. Good ok, but not THAT good.

World of Warcraft.

Zeldas, Marios.

They will know Helgan belongs to Helghasts

LBP - I just can't enjoy this game (hate the controls) and yet everywhere you read how this is an absolute marvel, with great innovation (???) and level design. If Nintendo made a Mario this bad, we would never hear the end of it.

And yes there is a level editor which is the most boring thing I have ever seen (though I do enjoy some of the created levels, just can't be bothered to do it myself, there are only 24 hours in a day...)

Elaine: I will never understand people

Jerry: They're the worst.

GTA4 judging by the huge amount of preowned copies available.

Orca_Azure said:
Myviewing said:
My number 1 is Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, the other two I can name are Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes and Metal Gear Solid 2.

How could I forget that one. That toon link will forever burn black patches in my mind- cleaving the the idea I once had of link int two as if were a jelly, and he- the master sword. How I wretch every time I see his conductor's stick and his oddly colored body. Seeing him wear the garbs of link and call himself a hero never ceases to pain me as if he were stabbing nails into the depths of my cornias. How I utterly despise the toon link and his boat which required me to play a melody every time i wanted to change direction. How I loathe it.

summary: i'm not the biggest windwaker fan :D

It wasn't even the fact that Link was a cartoon character, it was the fact that the game was boring and tedious due to the sailing.  And I'm just baffled as the the wonder why people claim the game is underrated and/or has such an amazing story, the game only has one review that gives it lower than an 8/10, and the story just doesn't get interesting at any point and the dialogue was even worse.

Summary: I'm not a big Windwaker fan either.

Member #50 of the Sonic Support Squad! :P