By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Who bought the DSi?

And do you think it's worth it?

I bought it and I think it's better than the DS Lite in every aspect. Other than not having a GBA slot it's pretty much perfect. I also like the finish on it, it's harder to scratch and doesn't leave fingerprints. The price is a little steep at $170 but you get $10 in free points for DSi Ware.

Everyone should buy one, it's that much better than the DS Lite!

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Around the Network

I don't see the point at the moment. Maybe when the DSi gets some exclusive software that really begs for it to be bought I might reconsider, but the only features I don't have on my Lite that are on the DSi are te picture functions, which I don't really care about, and the DSi store, which doesn't have a lot of appealing software yet. Music playback functions are negligent to me because if I wanted to I could set my R4 up to do the same thing on the Lite, along with video playback.

Are there any other features I'm missing out on?

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

I bought it... was gonna get a DSlite a few months back but waited for this.

Anyway... i only have Sonic Rush atm, this week im buying a FF game and maybe TWEWY if i can find it.

I'm gonna get it later this week

"After you win, son, I feel like going for a ride on your bike, haha." ~Doc Louis (Punch Out Wii)

I'm debating it. My mom still has an original DS and she loves it, but I know she has really been wanting the sleeker DSL for a while. I was debating on whether I should buy her a DSi or a DSL for Mother's Day, and I figured that she most likely wouldn't use the DSi for any of its unique features, and since the DSL is cheaper I'll get that.

Then I might buy a DSi for myself, I'm not sure yet.

Speaking of the DSi, how much music can it hold? Does it play music off of an SD card? How does that all work? It'd be nice to substitute it as an iPod of sorts.

Around the Network
wfz said:

Speaking of the DSi, how much music can it hold? Does it play music off of an SD card? How does that all work? It'd be nice to substitute it as an iPod of sorts.

Up to 32GB SD card. You save music(in AAC format, mind you) onto your SD card then um, it plays the music right off of it. xD

I'm planning to before Easter.
With my lack of DS, and all the cool games out now and coming, it's a good time. :)

I'll get it later.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

tehsage said:
wfz said:

Up to 32GB SD card. You save music(in AAC format, mind you) onto your SD card then um, it plays the music right off of it. xD

How do you convert MP3 into AAC? I'm not familiar with those sorts of conversions since I never do them. Is it easy? My mom isn't exactly the most knowledgeable person when it comes to tech.

Oh and how is the sound quality on the DSi compared to other MP3 players around like the iPod?

I did buy it, I will get it after eastern

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989