By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Bluelava said:
kowenicki said:
@blulava

and how would Iwata know the INSTALL BASE of the Ps3 or 360?

One would assume they must have access to pretty much every bit of retail data available.

As false as can be.

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Around the Network
WhiteDevil said:
when will Ps3 and 360 gap become no more in Others...?

When the PS3 sells more.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

Bluelava said:
kowenicki said:
@blulava

and how would Iwata know the INSTALL BASE of the Ps3 or 360?

One would assume they must have access to pretty much every bit of retail data available.

Nada.

Also... I am a half-believer that if you were to show me a picture of a slide, or some proof as to this GDC number that is 2-3 million out, that it will be for the end of 2008 rather than when GDC actually happened.

Generally a company will give out the same numbers for 3 months until they have released their next Fiscal Quarter statement with more shipped figures on it.

Also... I thought the DSi released on the 5th April in America?... which surely means it won't be included in the upcoming weeks figures, we have to wait till the week ending April 11th.

Holy smoke, only a 10K difference. If Sony drops his price to $350 it will crush the X360.

This gen is far from over.

Around the Network

The Nintendo figures were until the end of 08...but I took that into account.- link

I've had to make an approximation of the slide figures but they should be pretty close.

VG Chartz (in millions)- data up to 2 Jan 09 vs Nintendo slide up to 31st dec 08

Wii - 43.88  vs 40.25

360- 27.11 vs 23.75

PS3- 19.39 vs 16.75

Slimebeast said:
Holy smoke, only a 10K difference. If Sony drops his price to $350 it will crush the X360.

This gen is far from over.

amen to that

PLAYSTATION® is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

DSi was released last Friday on the Americas, so I don't see why it wouldn't be included in the American chart.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

trestres said:
DSi was released last Friday on the Americas, so I don't see why it wouldn't be included in the American chart.

I think it came out on Sunday, actually.

kowenicki said:
@slimebeast

crush? really?

been lots of IF's this gen hasnt there....

and you say only 10,000 but that 20% pretty much.. which is also pretty much what it has been for a while. so it isnt dropping in real terms.

Price PS3 is €400 and X360 is only €180/€250 in Europe, yet difference is just 10K/15%.

Im deeply worried. If price drops to €350 for the PS3, sales will increase dramatically for the PS3, I think more than 20% long term.