By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Square Enix: Final Fantasy 13 needs 10 times the success of average titles.

Final Fantasy XIII producer Yoshinori Kitase has revealed that the eagerly awaited RPG needs roughly ten times the success of your average videogame.

Speaking to EDGE magazine, Kitase commented, "... there is an unusual sort of pressure on Final Fantasy XIII," adding, "I'd say we need this game to have ten times the success of these smaller titles."

Despite this pressure, Kitase noted that the game’s development – which has lasted five years – hasn’t been compromised in any way.

"But I don't think that means we've compromised in terms of the game design or creativity in any way," he said. "Indeed, the development of the game has very much followed in the tradition of the previous titles in the series, welcoming input from the full range of development staff."

Final Fantasy XIII is currently pencilled in for release on PlayStation 3 in Japan later this year, with a western release due in 2010.

Source

http://www.psu.com/FFXIII-needs-10-times-success-of-average-game-News--a006888-p0.php

----------------------------------------------------------

Meh I dunno. I'll get the game anyways.

Check out my game about moles ^

Around the Network

Well i hope its that good then.

2010? this game was announced in 2006? whats even worse is that Final fantasy 13 versus has been in development since 2003...that makes what=? 7-8 years?

Whats counted as a success by normal titles?
500k-1million sold?

I cant see the game selling 10million anyway.

10 times. I'd say that means at least 5 million. Which shouldn't be an issue for a main Final Fantasy.

Around the Network

@ masterb8tr: Yeh and it'll only get worse

BengaBenga said:
10 times. I'd say that means at least 5 million. Which shouldn't be an issue for a main Final Fantasy.

Combined sales for ps3 and 360 should be no problem but i think they expect 5 million only on ps3 which i think it should reach it.

5 million
easy , the demo will bring them money too.

It depends. If they use the Wii as the baseline they would only need to sell 100,000 copies.

That implies that development costs are well over $100,000,000! Say hello to most expensive game of all times?

Tease.

FF games have allot of potential Just make a masterpiece and it will sell well!!

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller