By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best castlevania?

^ ya but no XBL, we have Wi-Fi but no cash to spend on the adapter, but Ill look into Ecclesia on the DS.

Around the Network

i only played Symphony of the night and Curse of Darkness. and i say Symphony of the night is far better than Curse of darkness. infact Curse of Darkness made me ignore the series for a while.

Then I should give Symphony of the night a try, it's on PSN, and pretty cheap.

I only played the ones on GBA yet but enjoyed them a lot.

They will know Helgan belongs to Helghasts

Out of the Metroidvanias: Symphony of the Night.

Out of classic 'Vanias: A three-way tie between Bloodlines, Super Castlevania and Rondo of Blood.

The absolutely worst Castlevania ever "made": Simon's Quest.

Warning: The preceding message may or may not have included sarcasm, cynicism, irony, full stops, commas, slashes, words, letters, sentences, lines, quotes,  flaeed  gramar, cryptic metaphors or other means of annoying communication. Viewer discretion is/was strongly advised.

SOTN.

Around the Network

Symphony of the Night - And I played it after pretty much every game that came after it...

I can't really say. The castle, the music... It all fits together so well. And with Alucard as the main character, you have a certain diversity in abilities that really helps. Sure, the same diversity can be applied to Aria/Dawn of Sorrow or Portrait of Ruin, but still.

Somehow, Symphony of the Night just catches everything that's right with the franchise and is quite possibly the best 2D-game I have ever played in my life. Still, there are lots of good Castlevania-games out there.

SOTN.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Symphony of the Night is definitely one of the better games I've ever played in my life. The music is simply fantastic, the gameplay is near perfect and the atmosphere the game gives off is superb.