By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sega: HotD Overkill sales met expectations, MadWorld sales encouraging

But Madworld isn't anywhere near selling the 2 million copies it has to to be successful...

Around the Network

VGC never told it was a flop.

Go buy Metroid OTHER M!

Wii code: 6775-1034-2238-1634

PSN: birdie93      XBL: luthor93

3DS: 3909-7597-9889

You can add me, I won't stop you!

My website: www.fight4custom.com

BengaBenga said:
WraithPriest said:

I bought HotD and Madworld yesterday.

Madworld Ive found extremely enjoyabel.

Overkill seems to have some framerate issues....keeps stuttering whenever the camera moves. Has anyone had any issues with it?

http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=3039

But basically: yes, the game stutters. Which is a shame, but it's still an amazing game.

Agreed, I don't regret buying it but i think Madworld will be getting more playtime from me unless friends come round.

"Everything I tell you is a lie. Every question I ask you is a trick. You will find no truth in me."

WraithPriests PC:                
QX6850@3.6GHZ

4GB OCZ Reaper X PC8000
GTX470 (774/1548/3900)    
nForce 780i MoBo
1.25TB HDD (1x1TB, 1x250GB)
A+ El Diablo 2 Case
Vista x64

Come-on guys. He only said initial sales for MadWorld were very encouraging. Which it was, it was (in NA) better than's HoTD:O but since then it's been dropping fast.

I'm not saying it's a flop, but he's not saying it isn't either. Only time will tell.

He's lying, he's actually just a Wii fanboy trying to give points to his side.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Around the Network

I hope the two continue to sell steadily like the HOTD 2 and 3. I also bought overkill and its pretty fun. for me i just ignored the frame hiccups. People werent kidding with the profanity, its hilarious.

cool, i am getting both madworld and hotd:ok tomorrow after i get off of work.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Man, House of the Dead is about two hours (if that) long and it's for the Wii. There's no way it could not be profitable!

About the HOTD frame issues...I think they are OK given that the feel of the game is a cheesy 70s gory movie, which would have all this frame edits and stuff, so it kind of works as part of the theme. So think of those hic ups as part of the 70s "reel".

OT: Sega won't admit failure this early in the publishing cycle for Madworld, and besides we don't know what they were realistically expecting.

"¿Por qué justo a mí tenía que tocarme ser yo?"

RolStoppable said:
Sega should stop being in denial and openly admit that their games bombed.

Yes, it is geting ridiculous. The internet said it is a flop, so it is a flop. They should stick with profitable (semi) HD games like Goldes Axe.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."