By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sega: HotD Overkill sales met expectations, MadWorld sales encouraging

Only very shallow people think these games bombed.  360 and ps3 games hit their peak in the first month, but that isn't how the mass market wii operates.  It is more like the tortious than the hair.

Wii sales tend to be more evergreen. There is less enthusiasm at launch but they pick up slowly over time.

It is a different cycle because the base is bigger, even though the enthusiasm isn't there

Everyone was saying wii music bombed, and now it has sold 2 million quitely.  Madworld and overkill may have lost the sprint, but they will win the marathon.

Around the Network
austin2359 said:

Only very shallow people think these games bombed.  360 and ps3 games hit their peak in the first month, but that isn't how the mass market wii operates.  It is more like the tortious than the hair.

Wii sales tend to be more evergreen. There is less enthusiasm at launch but they pick up slowly over time.

It is a different cycle because the base is bigger, even though the enthusiasm isn't there

Everyone was saying wii music bombed, and now it has sold 2 million quitely.  Madworld and overkill may have lost the sprint, but they will win the marathon.

This is why wii games have legs.

Good, but this wont silence the haters that look for every opportunity to flame those sales. I still think Madworld could've done a bit better (shame they did not release it in some countries) and HoTD will continue to sell for ages.

Red4ADevil said:
austin2359 said:

This is why wii games have legs.

there's really no argument about overkill, that game has sold well and is gonna have legs.  Price drops will help, it's a light gun game after all.  You can argue that madworld won't have good legs but all successful 3rd party games on wii have had good legs and that includes all the games for core gamers.  No 3rd party games on wii have been front loaded, some have just not some well from the beginning (excluding japan).  I dunno what Sega is looking for but you still have to wait to make judgement about madworld sales.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

EDIT - Double Post, Sorry.

"Everything I tell you is a lie. Every question I ask you is a trick. You will find no truth in me."

WraithPriests PC:                
QX6850@3.6GHZ

4GB OCZ Reaper X PC8000
GTX470 (774/1548/3900)    
nForce 780i MoBo
1.25TB HDD (1x1TB, 1x250GB)
A+ El Diablo 2 Case
Vista x64
Around the Network
dahuman said:
WraithPriest said:

I bought HotD and Madworld yesterday.

Madworld Ive found extremely enjoyabel.

Overkill seems to have some framerate issues....keeps stuttering whenever the camera moves. Has anyone had any issues with it?

well, I'm running overkill from a USB HDD(don't ask, and no I don't pirate, it was installed via my Wii from its DVD drive) and that stuttering issue actually becomes almost non-existent(actually it just simply isn't there lol) which had me believe that it's more a data streaming issue from the DVD not being fast enough, it's like a different game and actually faster paced when I play it that way.

What? Tell me more or PM me a link please, this would be brilliant to do.

"Everything I tell you is a lie. Every question I ask you is a trick. You will find no truth in me."

WraithPriests PC:                
QX6850@3.6GHZ

4GB OCZ Reaper X PC8000
GTX470 (774/1548/3900)    
nForce 780i MoBo
1.25TB HDD (1x1TB, 1x250GB)
A+ El Diablo 2 Case
Vista x64
BengaBenga said:
WraithPriest said:

I bought HotD and Madworld yesterday.

Madworld Ive found extremely enjoyabel.

Overkill seems to have some framerate issues....keeps stuttering whenever the camera moves. Has anyone had any issues with it?

http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=3039

But basically: yes, the game stutters. Which is a shame, but it's still an amazing game.

hmm I haven't experienced any frame drop issues (although I must say I am too busy shooting and talking to people next to me at the same time to even notice).

That is encouraging. But I still hoped MadWorld would do better, I just hope it will show some great legs.

A sequal to MAdWorld would be great, but I can imagine that it'll be like Kid Icarus. I'll end up on every list of "top ten games that deserve a sequel".

I believe the only game that got a sequal from Platinum games was Vieuwtiful Joe

The Doctor will see you now  Promoting Lesbianism -->

Sega already told they were satisfacted with MW sales. This is why is pointless to insist that it was a commercial failure.