By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Ten must-play PS2 games

I agree with this list, however i didn't love Jak to much.

CURRENTLY PLAYING:  Warframe, Witcher 2

Around the Network
Wickedshyn said:
Man I need to buy Shadow Of The Colossus now.

You do!

And I need to buy ICO

Played all except Persona, FFXII, and Collossus. Truly an epic list.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Gilgamesh said:
Wickedshyn said:
Man I need to buy Shadow Of The Colossus now.

You do!

And I need to buy ICO

I need to buy both but Ico is hard as fuck to find.

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

They mixed up the definitions of 'really good' and 'must play'

A game like MGS could never be a must play, because even though you and I might love it, some people will be bored to tears by the cutscenes. All the RPG's come under the same classification

many people will not feel any need to play GoW, or GTA

And don't even get me started on racing sims - whilst I can recognise that it is a franchise that appeals to its (very big) audience, Racing sims like GT bore me - give me turtle shells and bananas while racing please.

The only 3 I haven't commented on I know next to nothing about.

In conclusion, 10 good games, 0 must play games

Around the Network

so what games would be so universally loved that they would be worthy of the title in your mind? Or is your argument that no game is "must play"?

"Must play" usually doesn't literally mean that you MUST PLAY it, kind of like "incredible" doesn't usually mean something that can not be believed. It usually just means that a game is really awesome and that you, if you're the type of person who enjoys a great game, would do well to play it.

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

Torillian said:
so what games would be so universally loved that they would be worthy of the title in your mind? Or is your argument that no game is "must play"?

probably Mario, Zelda and Metrod or any game that comes from the gods that are Nintendo !!

and giveing the Fact that GTA SA (PS2) GT3 and GTA VC (PS2) are the highest selling games last gen they dont have an appeal for the general public at all NOOOOOO that's Mario's Job -_- !!!

That is a very difficult question Torillian.

I am inclined to say that there is no game that is a must play.

The closest game I could think of to a must play is something like Super Mario World. But even then, if you've played Super Mario Bros 3 then maybe World would no longer be a 'must play'

I think if anything, we should be talking about must-play franchises, rather than games.

Assuming that you then follow up with the question
"so what franchises would be so universally loved that they would be worthy of the title in your mind? Or is your argument that no franchise is "must play"?"

Then my answer becomes
There is only 1 franchise that I would even consider naming a must play, and that is Mario

But there are no doubt people who disagree with me

I would disagree with you, scottie

The list is good, but there's something VERY wrong and it's that the description written for Persona 4...is about Persona 3. You don't shoot yourself in P4