By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Why the Wii won last week, this week and will win again next week in Japan.

Rpg's will cement the Wii's continued success in japan for another 3 - 4yrs. Its western support that im worried about.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Around the Network

Wii Vs PS3 who will win in Japan LTD?

after long long long time thinking the anwser is :

and the winner is : The Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

hahaha

outlawauron said:
The Wii "lost" (this isn't a contest) last week, but it should outsell the PS3 this week.

Are we really sure of that ? I don't see anything which would significatly increase sales of Wii, while drop on PS3 should be fairly minimal (or maybe it will already start to feel FF XIII demo effect and there will be no drop) so this will be very close race.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Why are you so butthurt about it?

people here are happy cause the PS3 is not "Dying" and its doing well despite the odds, cause we all want the best for all systems. and seeing as Wii is leading and is kicking ass, no one is worrying about it.

pezus said:
__XBrawlX__ said:
pezus said:
Rei said:
The rabbit thought the same when he took a nap.

That's exactly what I was thinking

First of all, he was a "HARE", not a rabbit. :(

Second of all, he wasn't a game console with a 4.91mil lead

Hare, rabbit, game console...all the same

I think you will find this race never took place and it is in fact is a made up story.

I can say with almost certainty that a hare has never said said to a tortoise, 'hey fancy a race' and then gone on to have a  snooze against a tree whilst the tortoise triumphantly crosses the finsh line.

I alos suspect a wolf has never dressed up as a sheep or a grandma with big teeth.

Around the Network
Zlejedi said:
outlawauron said:
The Wii "lost" (this isn't a contest) last week, but it should outsell the PS3 this week.

I don't see anything which would significatly increase sales of Wii 

New colours?  New model with bigger internal drive or some other change from standard Wii?  Price drop?  Bundles?  New killer outbreak title ala Wii Fit or Wii Sports? 

Are you seriously suggesting that there is nothing that can boost Wii sales but there are things that can boost PS3 sales?  It's funny how PS3 fans always think it's only Sony that can drop the price (yet they are in the worst position to price drop) and it's only a PS3 price drop that would have a major impact (how did that 360 Arcade price drop work out by the way?).

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

tuoyo said:
Zlejedi said:
outlawauron said:

I don't see anything which would significatly increase sales of Wii 

New colours?  New model with bigger internal drive or some other change from standard Wii?  Price drop?  Bundles?  New killer outbreak title ala Wii Fit or Wii Sports? 

Are you seriously suggesting that there is nothing that can boost Wii sales but there are things that can boost PS3 sales?  It's funny how PS3 fans always think it's only Sony that can drop the price (yet they are in the worst position to price drop) and it's only a PS3 price drop that would have a major impact (how did that 360 Arcade price drop work out by the way?).

How many of those are available in this week ? Becouse that's the timeframe we were talking about :D

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Zlejedi said:
outlawauron said:

Are we really sure of that ? I don't see anything which would significatly increase sales of Wii, while drop on PS3 should be fairly minimal (or maybe it will already start to feel FF XIII demo effect and there will be no drop) so this will be very close race.

The Wii is in a plateau. Regardless of releases, it will not fall very much at all. The PS3 has yet to reach a plateau.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

The Wii is a handheld in disguise (for the way it sells)

It's because this always happens around major 360 and PS3 releases: a couple of weeks of elevated sales, followed by a crash and burn back to normal levels. This happens every time, and while the PS3 had a good long run with its latest release -record-setting, in fact- this is inevitable. The HD market simply cannot sustain those kinds of sales on only one console.

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.