By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Why the Wii won last week, this week and will win again next week in Japan.

theprof00 said:
OOooOOHH GOOOOOD....... for YOuu.

seriously vghippy you and me are f**** done professionally.

lol   watch out, he might trash your lights  haha

Around the Network

The FF7 Advent Children/FFXIII demo?trailer? will boost sales in 2-3 weeks.

However, I think the Monster Hunter G game release with the MH3 trailer will have a stronger impact. Only because an actual game is coming out.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

The Wii needs some software or its going to get beaten for the majority of the year in Japan

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

The Japan Preview: 4/5 Edition (Quiet SW, Wii HW back over PS3 HW?)

http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=3342

All I could say is: Let's wait people!

"How hard would it be to randomize facial features and skin tones? That's what we want, to feel like we're killing hundreds of different people. Not a bunch of clones or twins. We want to know, deep down, that there are hundreds of grieving mothers out there, lamenting the terror of our dreaded blade."

Cracked.com ( http://www.cracked.com/article_16196_p4.html ), saying the Hardcore gamers' dark truth. And it's Hell True.

Yakuzaice said:

8 million really isn't enough to claim oversaturation. I mean the DS has sold over 26 million and it still crushes the Wii in sales every week. As does the PSP which has almost sold 12 million. Granted this just illustrates Japan's shift towards handhelds, but even the PS2 is still selling 5k more than 2 years into this generation (and that is with nearly 23 million already sold).

I think calling it oversaturated was a bit strong on my part lol. But to be fair when one in every four or five households must have one it is hard to see where it can go from here. I think the problem with trying to compare it to handhelds is that both the handhelds in Japan have come in various colours and have had several models which leads to people buying more than one, so it is hard to tell how oversaturated they are relative to the population. For example most people I know in the UK who have bought a DS or PSP from the start are now on their second one. And everyone I know who is a gamer is on at least their third ps2. But because Wii's are so well built and have no new models or colours there is no need for anyone to buy a new one. But this is all just speculation =)

Thank you for your well thought out post. I'm going to go back and edit my original post to 'near saturation'  or something to that extent.

VGhippy

Around the Network

It's not over until the Fat Princess sings! ;)

and here I thought Sony was the Hare and Nintendo was the turtle. Sony went to sleep assuming that they had the race already won.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

I agree with much of the OP..Save for the Wii oversaturation statement;0 But, I think most logical people understand that the Wii isn't being caught, and its main issue at the moment is a lack of software. The thing that is pretty depressing is that with all the huge titles hitting the HD consoles (focusing in japan) ps3 is only managing to outsell the Wii by a couple thousand for about a month. When the Wii has sold more than double the PS3's total installed base since launch.

I see the whole "Sony domination" thing that you're desciribing as a sort of..well break from boredom. Everyone knows it won't last, and in most cases is pretty much over already.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

way to not understand the market.

Some one seems shaken and scared by these past events.