By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The 360 a software monster? The Wii a software wimp? I don't think so...

BTFeather55 said:

Banjo Kazooie:  Nuts and Bolts might have done better on the Wii.  It didn't do that great on the 360. 

Right, because Xbox people are allergic to colors and only play gory shooters. That's also why Viva Pinata was a commercial failure.

Around the Network

While the charts may be accurate for software, a better comparision would compare game sales, which would mean no Wii sports, Wii fit, Wi play or basically any other non-game.

ramses01 said:
While the charts may be accurate for software, a better comparision would compare game sales, which would mean no Wii sports, Wii fit, Wi play or basically any other non-game.

Oh snap, this new guy's so incredibly witty, original, and clever! Sending friend request NAO! Real Gamerz 4 Life (RG4L) unite!

noname2200 said:
BTFeather55 said:

Banjo Kazooie:  Nuts and Bolts might have done better on the Wii.  It didn't do that great on the 360. 

Right, because Xbox people are allergic to colors and only play gory shooters. That's also why Viva Pinata was a commercial failure.

That's not even close to what he said. Given similar hype, Banjo would have probably done much better on the Wii. The franchise has sold the most on Nintendo consoles after all. And assuming that the sharp increase in sales was from bundles, Viva Pinata sold about 600k before bundling.

MontanaHatchet said:
noname2200 said:
BTFeather55 said:

That's not even close to what he said. Given similar hype, Banjo would have probably done much better on the Wii. The franchise has sold the most on Nintendo consoles after all. And assuming that the sharp increase in sales was from bundles, Viva Pinata sold about 600k before bundling.

With all due respect Montana, go back and read the entire exchange we've been having, from the beginning. Context is pretty important here, mate.

And I question your assumption here too. The franchise selling best on Nintendo consoles when the latest game bares only a little resemblance to the original (and a decade has passed) is an incredibly weak supporting statement.

Around the Network
noname2200 said:
MontanaHatchet said:
noname2200 said:
BTFeather55 said:

With all due respect Montana, go back and read the entire exchange we've been having, from the beginning. Context is pretty important here, mate.

And I question your assumption here too. The franchise selling best on Nintendo consoles when the latest game bares only a little resemblance to the original (and a decade has passed) is an incredibly weak supporting statement.

Well then, give me the context mate (if it's so important). I read your exchange and it didn't make much sense. So cut the pretentious crap please and save us all some extra effort. If you want another example, Donkey Kong 64 was another Rare game. The franchise was nearly non-existent during the last generation. If a Donkey Kong platformer in the style of the N64 game were to be put on both the Wii and 360, and both with similar hype, which do you think would sell more?

^ I don't want to be mean, Montana, but ... why not try reading the thread?

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Hmm, under context, this thread actually does make more sense.

After reading the role reversal post, I don't even know who is who anymore. I think my pants might be on backwards too.

MontanaHatchet said:

Well then, give me the context mate (if it's so important). I read your exchange and it didn't make much sense. So cut the pretentious crap please and save us all some extra effort. If you want another example, Donkey Kong 64 was another Rare game. The franchise was nearly non-existent during the last generation. If a Donkey Kong platformer in the style of the N64 game were to be put on both the Wii and 360, and both with similar hype, which do you think would sell more?

Edit: Nevermind.