By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is Modern Warfare 2 coming to Wii?

I personally don't think so.

I also think IW is more powerful than most of you think. It would be a dumb move from Activision to force them to make a Wii port IMO.

Around the Network
Viper1 said:
Red4ADevil said:
Well Inifinty Ward will never make a COD game on the wii ever they said it before much like epic games, wont make a game for wii.

Can you show me where exactly Infinity Ward said this?  I know a few guys there and they like Wii.   the only thing negative I've ever known them to note against the Wii was the fact they didn't have a good game engine to work with for CoD:MW hence why Wii didn't get the game.

SnowFlow, you have a point and I've asked a few publishers that same question with none give a straight answer.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6192089.html?sid=6192089&part=rss&subj=6192089&page=2 Theres others links i saw where they said this and this was one of them.

I swear if they don't make it 4 wii*grabs a gun* they will pay.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

"t just doesn't fit on the Wii," Zampella said. "We thought it would be compromised to be on [that] platform." Red4ADevil said:
Viper1 said:
Red4ADevil said:
Well Inifinty Ward will never make a COD game on the wii ever they said it before much like epic games, wont make a game for wii.

n you show me where exactly Infinity Ward said this?  I know a few guys there and they like Wii.   the only thing negative I've ever known them to note against the Wii was the fact they didn't have a good game engine to work with for CoD:MW hence why Wii didn't get the game.

SnowFlow, you have a point and I've asked a few publishers that same question with none give a straight answer.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6192089.html?sid=6192089∂=rss&subj=6192089&page=2 Theres others links i saw where they said this and this was one of them.

"t just doesn't fit on the Wii," Zampella said. "We thought it would be compromised to be on [that] platform."

This is what they said.  Just like I already stated, they didn't (and don't) have any negative feelings toward Wii.  The problem was just like I said...the game engine they had available at the time was not capable ot runnign CoD: MW.  Now that they CoD: MW engine runs on Wii - as established by CoD: WaW - this statement from IW is not longer valid.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Viper1 said:
"t just doesn't fit on the Wii," Zampella said. "We thought it would be compromised to be on [that] platform." Red4ADevil said:
Viper1 said:
Red4ADevil said:

n you show me where exactly Infinity Ward said this?  I know a few guys there and they like Wii.   the only thing negative I've ever known them to note against the Wii was the fact they didn't have a good game engine to work with for CoD:MW hence why Wii didn't get the game.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6192089.html?sid=6192089∂=rss&subj=6192089&page=2 Theres others links i saw where they said this and this was one of them.

"t just doesn't fit on the Wii," Zampella said. "We thought it would be compromised to be on [that] platform."

This is what they said.  Just like I already stated, they didn't (and don't) have any negative feelings toward Wii.  The problem was just like I said...the game engine they had available at the time was not capable ot runnign CoD: MW.  Now that they CoD: MW engine runs on Wii - as established by CoD: WaW - this statement from IW is not longer valid.

I should have this before to make it clear (my fault) but i never said IW hated the wii that made them decide not to make the game or port their technology. i just believe that a developer like IW or even epic games will make a game for wii cause of the hardware. Thats all im saying.

Around the Network
Red4ADevil said:
Viper1 said:
Viper1 said:
Red4ADevil said:

I should have this before to make it clear (my fault) but i never said IW hated the wii that made them decide not to make the game or port their technology. i just believe that a developer like IW or even epic games will make a game for wii cause of the hardware. Thats all im saying.

IW hating Wii was a prevailing theme in this thread.  I didn't mean to suggest you shared that sentiment.

However, I and others have it good faith either directly from IW, Activision or others that IW only passed on Wii the first time because the CoD: MW game engine was not ready in time for development and that now the engine is ready, and battle tested (pardon the pun), they no longer have the same restrictions on development that CoD: MW did and we'll see their efforts on Wii.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

When there is a high possibility of selling more than 1 million more copies of your game, it will be made.

There is no sensible person who can say, "A million copies isn't worth it".

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Viper1 said:
Red4ADevil said:
Viper1 said:
Viper1 said:
Red4ADevil said:

IW hating Wii was a prevailing theme in this thread.  I didn't mean to suggest you shared that sentiment.

However, I and others have it good faith either directly from IW, Activision or others that IW only passed on Wii the first time because the CoD: MW game engine was not ready in time for development and that now the engine is ready, and battle tested (pardon the pun), they no longer have the same restrictions on development that CoD: MW did and we'll see their efforts on Wii.

You made many good points viper, honestly I don't see them not making it on Wii, I heard some crap about IW not wanting to make it on Wii cause of the lack of DLC, but honestly with the opening of the SD card they could technically have DLC.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

BengaBenga said:
Red4ADevil said:

IW will do whatever Activision tells them to do.

Activision need IW more than IW needs Activision, seriously doubt Activision would piss off IW for an extra million or 2 sales.

SaviorX said:
When there is a high possibility of selling more than 1 million more copies of your game, it will be made.

There is no sensible person who can say, "A million copies isn't worth it".

Shenmue.

GTA IV.

Resident Evil 0.

Final Fantasy VII/VIII/IX/X/XII.

Probably a crapload more.