By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Should I buy a Xbox 360 or a PS3 ?

Also would like to add that there are a ton of downloadable games for both systems. I hear braid alot and geometry wars and castle crashers for xbox 360. For ps3 there are quite a few that I own that made me not even look to get an additional console and they are.

1) Fat princess (32 player online multiplayer and trophies out this summer)

2) Everyday shooter (fantastic game with an amazing audio soundtrack)

3) Pixel junk monsters (tower defense game with charming 2d graphics and trophies)

4) Astro Tripper (very nice HD graphics, old school shooter, and trophies)

5) Savage Moon (amazing HD graphics, rts/tower defense game w/ trophies)

6) Flower (outstanding HD graphics, very relaxing w/trophies)

7) Siren (superb survival horror game)

8) WarHawk (32 muliplayer tps game with vehicles (land and air) w/trophies)

9) pixel junk eden (psychodelic HD graphics and great game play w/trophies)

10)Wipeout HD (blistering 60 fps HD extravaganza w/trophies)

11)Grand turismo prologue (blistering 60 fps HD racing at it's best)

These are all exclusive games that you cannot get anywhere else ( 100 downloadable games are now available on psn), they are all presented in full HD (1080p) and most support 7.1 lpcm no loss audio for the audio phile. These alone are games that cost any where from 4.99$ to 29.99 on the psn (playstation network) and should not be missed, and this is because they are the gems of this generation of consoles (IMOB).

Around the Network

All I can say is that I really love my Xbox360. It is a great gaming machine + the VoDs are awesome. Both are great machines, but I do prefer the Xbox360 over the PS3 because of price, online gaming, online offers (DLC, VoD, demos, Arcade etc) and most important: GAMES.

The Xbox360 is selling very well so far, so a 3rd party exclusives for the PS3 are very unlikely. Sony does not have the money to buy exclusives (MS does!) or exclusive DLC. 3rd party publishers can't afford to avoid the Xbox360 for their HD games (check Final Fantasy). So you will probably get alle the 3rd party games on the Xbox360. You can get most of them on the PS3 as well, but I wouldn't be surprise if MS keeps on buysing exclusive DLC or exclusive games.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

sly777 said:
Leonidus said:
Do research yourself, theres no reason for threads like this

Ok so I don't have any right to ask to the community of vgchartz for my questions. That what a forum is made for... jerk

L O L

Sure, just start a flame war which has already got a user banned because you are to lazy to find out what console suits your needs best. You probably already know what console you are getting, or else you are just uneductaed about them.

XxXProphecyXxX said:
Samus Aran said:
morpheusx said:
Since you say you like Sports games, there are numerous threads on both the PS3 and Xbox forums where people who have both consoles prefer the 360 because the online play has a much larger number of people to play against online.

If you care about online gaming go with the 360 Pro console ($299) shop around for Live it can usually be found on sale for $29.99 every week from one of the major retailers but it rotates each week between them.

If you don't care about playing online and want to use it just like a last gen console go with the Xbox 360 Arcade ($199)

Also if you don't have an HDTV the 360 looks far better on Standard Def then PS3, use the criteria above to choose between the two SKU's.

No matter what don't waste your money for an Xbox 360 Elite it is not worth an extra $100 for the 120GB HDD unless you see it on clearance.

But either way you can't lose because both consoles (PS3 and 360) are vastly better then the Wii, they have better games and overall are a better value.

That's just your opinion. I'd rather not pay 400 bucks for a console that gets the same games as the xbox360. Most of them are even better for the xbox360... If I actually gave a shit about blu ray then I'd say ps3, but I don't. Like many others.

Really??? deym!!!!

didn't know you can play KZ2,uncharted,GOW3,GT5,R2,LBP,MS,MGS4 on 360...damit I wasted my money!!!!! ohh w8.

Sorry, I forgot that xbox360 has no exclusives what so ever. My mistake.

I never said you wasted your money. But thank you for making my point even better. You don't care for Blu ray.

If you even have to ask yourself this question, I'd say 360, cus you're obviously not in it for the audio, games, exclusives, blu ray and media server possibilities.

You want a simple console to play your games on. Thats it. So go with the 360.

Around the Network

PS3.

Great games like:
Valkyria Chronicles
MGS4
Uncharted
Killzone2
Disgaea3
To name a few.
Loads of Multiplats.
Great features.
Store filled with content.
Sleek design.
Free Online.

Just a great system.

4 ≈ One

360 is cheaper and is a gaming animal imo.
My only problem is the hardware issue.
I will say here this is my experience only but mine has broke twice in 27 months which is a pain in the arse really.
I dont know how reliable the PS3 is.

You should get a 360. However, there's a lot of stuff you get with the other.  If you happen to be patient enough for a price drop and the releases of its wicked exclusives, you'll be very satisfied with the triple. I know I am. ^_^

Currently playing: Marvel vs. Capcom 3, League of Legends

Support the American economy, by a 360. Hell buy 2 of them. 1 for you bed room and 1 for your living/tv room.

Owner of 360

Future owner of a PS3 (when it drops to $300)

Has your decision been made yet?

btw, I'd say PS3

-Free Online

-blu-ray

-Great incoming exclusives and great available exclusives

-Alot of value which makes it worth $400

-A reliable system

Favorite films. Foreign films forever!