By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Should I buy a Xbox 360 or a PS3 ?

90% of what I read on this thread is biased so...

Make a list of all the games you want to play (games ALREADY available !!) and make your choice.

After all, it is your money and not the one of the PS360 fanboys...

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

Around the Network

guess seece was flaming!!!

PLAYSTATION® is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

seece said:
Loud_Hot_White_Box said:
seece said:

PS3 has better exclusives coming.

Opinion (biased I might add)

Of course it's his opinion; he said it.

On topic, buy a Playstation 3. They are amazing. I've only just discovered how much of a buzz trophies are, too!

Well if you have the extra money buy a PS3 especially if you plan on playing online you'll save money in the long run and Personally I think PS3 has way better Exclusives but in the end the decision is yours.

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

I would like to say after reading so many hard, down right fanboy post that this guy has probably gone from this thread along time ago. If he happens to come back let me give you a few pointers that may or may not give you what you are looking for.

xbox 360 Playstation 3
Halo franchise fps Killzone franchise fps
Gears of war Tps Unreal tournament (most supported version) fps
Left 4 dead fps Resistance franchise
fable franchise White Knight chronicles (import from Japan)
too human Uncharted franchise tps
star ocean 4 Folksoul
blue dragon Disgaea
Halo wars rts valkyrie chronicles srpg

These games largely make up some of the most high profile games for both consoles imob. They share a ton of games such as eternal sonata, tales of vesperia (just announced), all sports games from ea and the 2k series. Also they both have GTA4, Devil may cry 4, far cry, bioshock, oblivion, fallout3, and ninja gaiden 2 (annouced as sigma 2). So it is all opinion whether one console is better than the other. On the technical side there are some differences to consider as well.

Playstation 3 xbox 360
built in wifi not included, add on 100$ wifi adaptor
built in blue tooth properietary wireless accesories
blu-ray,dvd,psn videostore netflicks, dvd, defunct HDdvd add on
Multimedia functionality multimedia functionality
web browser no web browser
contained in controller batteries are needed for controller
7.1,LPcm, no loss 5.1 lossey audio
more native 1080p games 2 1080p native games
psn free multiplayer xbox live has 39.99 a year fee

Around the Network
Sardauk said:

90% of what I read on this thread is biased so...

Make a list of all the games you want to play (games ALREADY available !!) and make your choice.

After all, it is your money and not the one of the PS360 fanboys...

Think a lot about incoming games, like, oh, I don't know... Uncharted 2, God of War 3, Gran Turismo 5, Trico, etc.

i had the same question like you about a week ago i've seriously waited about a year before i made a choice a have a ps3 now and i'm very happy with my purchase great games and the future looks very bright

and thats not really the case for the xbox 360 (imo)
but like all the others are saying it's you're choice and you should just check for the games you like but i had a better feeling with the playstation so goodluck !!

I would like to say after reading so many hard, down right fanboy post that this guy has probably gone from this thread along time ago. If he happens to come back let me give you a few pointers that may or may not give you what you are looking for.

xbox 360
Halo franchise fps
Gears of war Tps s
Left 4 dead fps
fable franchise
too human
star ocean 4
blue dragon
Halo wars rts

Playstation 3
Killzone franchise fps
Unreal tournament (most supported version) fps
Resistance franchise
White Knight chronicles (import from Japan)
Uncharted franchise tps
Folksoul
Disgaea
valkyrie chronicles srpg

These games largely make up some of the most high profile games for both consoles imob. They share a ton of games such as eternal sonata, tales of vesperia (just announced), all sports games from ea and the 2k series. Also they both have GTA4, Devil may cry 4, far cry, bioshock, oblivion, fallout3, and ninja gaiden 2 (annouced as sigma 2). So it is all opinion whether one console is better than the other. On the technical side there are some differences to consider as well.

Playstation 3

built in wifi not included,

built in blue tooth (use your own accessories bluetooth headset and keyboard)

blu-ray movie player built in,dvd,psn videostore (rentals and purchase full movies)

web browser

contained in controller (batteries and long play life)

7.1,LPcm, no loss audio and a tons of video codecs (divx, mpeg 1,2,3,4,etc)

more native 1080p games

psn free multiplayer

multimedia (tversity to stream and hulu)

xbox 360

add on 100$ wifi adaptor

properietary wireless accessories (head set, keyboard)

netflicks, dvd, defunct HDdvd add on

multimedia functionality (xp and vista)

no web browser

batteries are needed for controller

5.1 lossey audio

2 1080p native games

xbox live has 39.99 a year fee for online multiplayer games(quality is opinion)

Fixed

In your case, I'd go for a 360 since a lot of the PS3 versions of the JRPG ports from the 360 in Japan most probably won't make it out of Japan(I could be wrong of course) and you'd get a better selection of WRPGs as well, I'm not a fan of console shooters but they are not too far apart from one another and I think it's also about the same on sports.

get a ps3. It offers the best exclusives, bluray, free online gaming and alot more.