By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Should I buy a Xbox 360 or a PS3 ?

Only reason - aside from my dislike of M$ ;) - that I did not buy an Xbox360 is RROD. I've never had a console fail on me before.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Around the Network

It really doesn't matter which one you buy since they share so many games.  Either way you're going to miss out on great games and that's all there is to it.

I guess you have to ask yourself:

1. What exclusives do you care about?
  2. Would you rather have the better Live and pay for it or have the PSN that is still good and free.
  3. Do you care about achievements or trophies?
  4. Do you want to use your game console for something other than games?
  5. Large or small budget?

Just research the games on both consoles, play some of the playable games at Gamestop. Then you can decide for yourself which one you like the best.

if you have the money... want a blu ray player, care bout HDD space.. get a ps3

if you wanna save on hardware.. spend on software.. go with 360, it has superior online, loads of RPGS, netflix..and a healthier game catalog right now.

You wont lose with either- 360 is better if your game centric though

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

owner of : atari 2600, commodore 64, NES,gameboy,atari lynx, genesis, saturn,neogeo,DC,PS2,GC,X360, Wii

5 THINGS I'd like to see before i knock out:

a. a AAA 3D sonic title

b. a nintendo developed game that has a "M rating"

c. redesgined PS controller

d. SEGA back in the console business

e. M$ out of the OS business

Get the XBox 360.

You dont care about movies, so Netflix verse Blue-Ray preference isnt an issue, so Xbox 360 is definately the way to go.

Around the Network

i say because of lbp buy ps3 but it is my taste so i'm not sure if u like lbp
but i think check this game out i love it

depends, ps3 give you more for the money. and have free online.

but if you don't care about online and want to be cheap option to play your non online games get a 360 arcade.

haxxiy said:

Neither. Buy a gaming PC.

This....

....does...

....not...

....answer...

...the OP's....

...question.

twesterm said:

It really doesn't matter which one you buy since they share so many games.  Either way you're going to miss out on great games and that's all there is to it.

I guess you have to ask yourself:

1. What exclusives do you care about?
  2. Would you rather have the better Live and pay for it or have the PSN that is still good and free.
  3. Do you care about achievements or trophies?
  4. Do you want to use your game console for something other than games?
  5. Large or small budget?

in red: lol and what difference does that make to be so important? lol.  I agree with you with all the other questions.

PS3. Killer library of games, better tech that continues to be pushed, (Uncharted 2!), free online, internet browser, Blu-Ray movies, bigger and waayy more cost effective hard-drive storage, built-in wi-fi, and it comes bundled with the Sony exclusive, "working console".

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."