By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Should I buy a Xbox 360 or a PS3 ?

Squilliam said:
RPG, Shooters -> The Xbox 360 has quite a selection.

You should check out: Gears, Halo, Left 4 Dead for shooters and Fable 2, Mass Effect for WRPGs and Star Ocean, Blue Dragon, Tales of Vesperia and Lost Odyssey.

The PS3 has -> Fat Princess, the rest got eaten.

Yeah eaten by the kid dancing in your sig.

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

Around the Network

Since you say you like Sports games, there are numerous threads on both the PS3 and Xbox forums where people who have both consoles prefer the 360 because the online play has a much larger number of people to play against online.

If you care about online gaming go with the 360 Pro console ($299) shop around for Live it can usually be found on sale for $29.99 every week from one of the major retailers but it rotates each week between them.

If you don't care about playing online and want to use it just like a last gen console go with the Xbox 360 Arcade ($199)

Also if you don't have an HDTV the 360 looks far better on Standard Def then PS3, use the criteria above to choose between the two SKU's.

No matter what don't waste your money for an Xbox 360 Elite it is not worth an extra $100 for the 120GB HDD unless you see it on clearance.

But either way you can't lose because both consoles (PS3 and 360) are vastly better then the Wii, they have better games and overall are a better value.

I don't own a 360, but I do own a PS3 (and a Wii).

I can only say: go for the 360 UNLESS you absolutely love Killzone 2, Resistance or Uncharted. 360 has a lot more games, a lot more exclusives, has better multiplatform games and is cheaper.

PS3 is a better multimedia system but lacks the games.

Squilliam said:

You should check out: Gears, Halo, Left 4 Dead for shooters and Fable 2, Mass Effect for WRPGs and Star Ocean, Blue Dragon, Tales of Vesperia and Lost Odyssey.

This is the most unbiased statement ever +1 squil.

I'd say go with an arcade 360. It's the cheapest alternative, and will give you a good taste of what gaming on a HD console has to offer. Then perhaps at a later date you can decide if you want to go online, or whether you want try out the ps3 as well.

Only other thing I'd suggest is for you to check out the exclusives that each console has in making your decision but I get the impression you're too lazy for even that.

Around the Network
XxXProphecyXxX said:
Squilliam said:

This is the most unbiased statement ever +1 squil.

One does ones best.

Tease.

Xbox360 has the best price/feature ratio, there are many excellent sport games out there (Madden, etc.)
Get a PS3 if you plan to watch Blu-Rays in future, but its price isn't pretty attractive yet.

Both platforms offer good RPGs and Shooter Games.

Avoid the Wii if you are looking for real sport games. Wii Sports and Mario Striker are fun, but no sports games.

Edit: just noticed, that you already own a Wii , dooh

um everyones opinion here is subjective, you might as well research what games you like etc and base it on that!

ok...

both ps3 and 360 have about the same 3rd party game like COD,dead space, RE5 ect ect....both systems also have their own exclusives so the question is which console has the exclusives that you are interested in then after you figure that out go out and buy that system.

Buy a 360. It's cheaper than your Wii (as long as you don't need wireless internet, online gaming, rechargeable batteries, Blu-ray playback, full Divx support, or access to a console version of Second Life).

Thanks for the input, Jeff.