By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Should I buy a Xbox 360 or a PS3 ?

Hello mod, like I'm gonna let you dig up dirt on me

Around the Network
seece said:
If paying through the nose, inferior online, no Halo, lack of decent RPG's intrests you then buy a PS3.

Contrary to Seece's points, PS3 online gameplay tends to have less lag than on XBox Live.  And it's free, so if you want to play online, PS3 console cost can effectively be recouped by not having to pay for online gameplay.

While you may have to wait a bit, many 360-timed-exclusive RPGs end will up on PS3, in superior form, at some point.  It's also uncertain whether MS will continue to shell out money to purchase timed RPG exclusivity.  As PS3 install base increases, the Japanese niche publishers will continue to support it more and more (see Atelier announcement, etc).

PS3 has better exclusives coming.

Loud_Hot_White_Box said:
seece said:
If paying through the nose, inferior online, no Halo, lack of decent RPG's intrests you then buy a PS3.

Contrary to Seece's points, PS3 online gameplay tends to have less lag than on XBox Live.  And it's free, so if you want to play online, PS3 console cost can effectively be recouped by not having to pay for online gameplay.

While you may have to wait a bit, most 360-timed-exclusive RPGs end up on PS3, in superior form, at some point.  It's also uncertain whether MS will continue to shell out money to purchase timed RPG exclusivity.  As PS3 install base increases, the Japanese niche publishers will continue to support it more and more (see Atelier announcement, etc).

Opinion (biased I might add)

@seece Stop the flaming.

pbroy said:
Buy a 360 now, wait for the PS3 price drop.

With a price drop I would buy a ps3 fore sure. Is there any information about that ?

Around the Network
The said:
@seece Stop the flaming.

Its not flaming my points are true. I see you don't want to call megadude out?

Leonidus said:
Do research yourself, theres no reason for threads like this

Ok so I don't have any right to ask to the community of vgchartz for my questions. That what a forum is made for... jerk

Chrizum said:
I don't own a 360, but I do own a PS3 (and a Wii).

I can only say: go for the 360 UNLESS you absolutely love Killzone 2, Resistance or Uncharted. 360 has a lot more games, a lot more exclusives, has better multiplatform games and is cheaper.

PS3 is a better multimedia system but lacks the games.

ok thanks for the advises !

Marry your girlfriend, have lots of babies and get on with your life. that´s all you need

seece said:
Loud_Hot_White_Box said:
seece said:

While you may have to wait a bit, most 360-timed-exclusive RPGs end up on PS3, in superior form, at some point.  It's also uncertain whether MS will continue to shell out money to purchase timed RPG exclusivity.  As PS3 install base increases, the Japanese niche publishers will continue to support it more and more (see Atelier announcement, etc).

Opinion (biased I might add)

All 4 of your points were, too, either on whether they were true (inferior online) or whether they were important (no Halo).

Opinion and biased, I mean.