By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Should I buy a Xbox 360 or a PS3 ?

slowmo said:
NKAJ said:
slowmo said:
stewroids said:
If you asked me this question in 2007 I would say 360, but now, I think the PS3 is the better buy. The games are just so appealing; Killzone 2, Uncharted 1 and 2, the upcoming God of War, Ratchet games, the possibility of Jak 4, Little Big Planet, Resistance 1 and 2, MLB 09: The Show, and of course, everyone's favourite, MGS4. The library is packed with games and whoever says the PS3 is lacking in games is totally wrong.

The 360 is also solid; Halo is my second favourite series ever, and Gears is pretty good as well; but those are the only two mega exclusives on the 360; the PS3 has about 6-7 games that can be classified as mega exclusives. Plus, the online is free, so it's definitely a great thing and the 399 eventually pays itself off since u wont be paying 60 bucks a month with the 360. I say wait for now until a price drop is announced, but if you're really desperate, go with the arcade console for 199.

I think you were doing so well writing a relatively unbiased opinion until you said the 360 has only 2 mega exclusives, while you list MLB09, Ratchet and Jak 4 in that category above.  I'll not bother naming all I can think of but for starters you have Mass Effect (if you only count consoles), Fable 2, Forza, PGR, etc, etc.  Someone else can finish off the list if they like but I don't see any value in list wars in this thread.

Also stating that PSN is free as a benefit over Live without mentioning the massive feature set Live has over Psn to justify it's price is a little naughty.  End of the day it's your opinion, I just wanted to air my views on it.

whats the massive feature?

If you don't know the answer to that question then you're hardly in a position to give a balanced viewpoint on either platform.

well im not quite sure if we have the same "massive feuture" in mind,but go on tell me

"They will know heghan belongs to the helghast"

"England expects that everyman will do his duty"

"we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender"

Around the Network

You say you want to play sports games (either will do) RPGs (360) and shooters (360).

360 has a bigger online community but be prepared to pay the price of a game to use it fully (quite cheap if you shop around).

it depends on what exsclusives you want...

Killzone series,Metal Gear Solid 4,Uncharted series,Gran Tourismo series,God of war series

or

Halo series,Gears of war series,Forza series,Mass Effect series,Left 4 dead series

"They will know heghan belongs to the helghast"

"England expects that everyman will do his duty"

"we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender"

Garnett said:

My sig tells the story!

Your sig tells YOUR skewed story

Being in 2nd feels so much better than being in 3rd

Squilliam said:
stewroids said:
If you asked me this question in 2007 I would say 360, but now, I think the PS3 is the better buy. The games are just so appealing; Killzone 2, Uncharted 1 and 2, the upcoming God of War, Ratchet games, the possibility of Jak 4, Little Big Planet, Resistance 1 and 2, MLB 09: The Show, and of course, everyone's favourite, MGS4. The library is packed with games and whoever says the PS3 is lacking in games is totally wrong.

The 360 is also solid; Halo is my second favourite series ever, and Gears is pretty good as well; but those are the only two mega exclusives on the 360; the PS3 has about 6-7  games that can be classified as mega exclusives. Plus, the online is free, so it's definitely a great thing and the 399 eventually pays itself off since u wont be paying 60 bucks a month with the 360. I say wait for now until a price drop is announced, but if you're really desperate, go with the arcade console for 199.

One megaexclusive series so far. Two if you count GT5. But hey, if MGS4 counts then so does Forza...

Don't try to be clever, we know you are a Sony fanboy. You'll never be trusted by Xbots!

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network
NKAJ said:
it depends on what exsclusives you want...

Killzone series,Metal Gear Solid 4,Uncharted series,Gran Tourismo series,God of war series

or

Halo series,Gears of war series,Forza series,Mass Effect series,Left 4 dead series

I agree with this^

It all comes down to what exclusives you want to play on your console, simples!

I perfer my PS3... for the completely trivial reason of it running quieter.

I'd say go play a couple big exclusives from each and see which you like.

Kasz216 said:

So you decide which console you own based on the noise of the fan or disc drive LMAO, I never hear my 360 running when playing games even with the volume set to 4 or 5 on my TV, my wii seems rather loud lately though, no idea why....

FKNetwork said:
Kasz216 said:

So you decide which console you own based on the noise of the fan or disc drive LMAO, I never hear my 360 running when playing games even with the volume set to 4 or 5 on my TV, my wii seems rather loud lately though, no idea why....

I own both.

I tend to buy my multiplatform games on PS3 to avoid the noise.

Get a PS3 and DONT wait for a price drop, cuz thatll be at chirstams time and theres only a little chance of a price drop no gaurentee. You should buy the $399 80gig PS3 +Killz2 + MGS4, such an awsome bundle. Anyways, the PS3s out now look great, the Slim ps3s are already looking really ugly in all of the leaked pictures and videos.