By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Should I buy a Xbox 360 or a PS3 ?

Buy two Xboxes and some duct tape, and voila, a 360

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
FKNetwork said:
Kasz216 said:
I perfer my PS3... for the completely trivial reason of it running quieter.

I'd say go play a couple big exclusives from each and see which you like.

So you decide which console you own based on the noise of the fan or disc drive LMAO, I never hear my 360 running when playing games even with the volume set to 4 or 5 on my TV, my wii seems rather loud lately though, no idea why....

I own both.

I tend to buy my multiplatform games on PS3 to avoid the noise.

I'm very sorry to hear that, maybe some ear plugs would help?

FKNetwork said:
Kasz216 said:
FKNetwork said:
Kasz216 said:
I perfer my PS3... for the completely trivial reason of it running quieter.

I'd say go play a couple big exclusives from each and see which you like.

So you decide which console you own based on the noise of the fan or disc drive LMAO, I never hear my 360 running when playing games even with the volume set to 4 or 5 on my TV, my wii seems rather loud lately though, no idea why....

I own both.

I tend to buy my multiplatform games on PS3 to avoid the noise.

I'm very sorry to hear that, maybe some ear plugs would help?

No.  Because then I couldn't here the actual game.

Having to turn up the TV just to drown out the 360 is annoying.

These threads are as dumb as shit.
If you are seriously going to buy a console, you do your own research and decide which one suits you best. You dont ask on a forum and count the votes.

In the ecological and health terms, irritating noise is also conscidered as a pollutant and a health hazard.

BUT...

What someone consciders as an irritating noise - that's the question. My brother can sleep next to a 10 ton truck with engines on with no problem.... :\

Around the Network

PS3 for sure. Great games, the best controller ever designed PSN, media streaming BD movies, better sound quality etc. etc. PS3 has better games. 360 has a ton of knockoffs that have sold a lot, but Sony has the quality titles. KZ2, GT5, Uncharted, Infamous, Ratchet, PAIN, Resistance, MGS, FF, Motorstorm, FIFA. GOW etc. etc.

they share third party shooters.

and for sports games, there is no console better then ps3.

the show it's best baseball game ever and there is more people playing FIFA, POS.

except madden, but thats because of americans.

darendt said:
PS3 for sure. Great games, the best controller ever designed, PSN, media streaming BD movies, better sound quality etc. etc. PS3 has better games. 360 has a ton of knockoffs that have sold a lot, but Sony has the quality titles. KZ2, GT5, Uncharted, Infamous, Ratchet, PAIN, Resistance, MGS, FF, Motorstorm, FIFA. GOW etc. etc.

^Highlighted made me laugh! LMAO!

rohail88 said:
PlayStation 3....free internet,great games already n coming soon...dont hav to get it fixed all the time!!

/\

Don't listen to this guy, you can buy an Xbox 360 Jasper and you will not have any problems.

FPS/Shooters = x360 (Gears of war 1 & 2, Halo 3, etc)

RPG = x360 (Lost Odyssey, Tales of Vesperia, Fable, Mass Effect, etc)

Action/Adventure = PS3 (Uncharted, Ratchet, etc)

XBOX 360 hands down. I think it has some of the greatest games. There are far more RPG's and few more shooters on the 360 beside the PS3. Also I think that XBOX LIVE is a great place to play games and to meet others that have similar interests.   I also believe the 360 has a very comfortable controller that you can handle for hours without your hands getting sore.

Also, the 360 gets a lot of arcade exclusives along with other DLC exclusives.

Coming from someone that has both the 360 and PS3, I would strongly recommend the XBOX 360. What ever you decide on, have fun.

Add me to your LIVE friend list if you get the 360 -- macr0planet

XBOX LIVE: macr0planet

PSN: MacroPlanet_DSGN

Steam: MacroPlanet

Modern Warfare 2 - Uncharted 2 - Assassin's Creed 2 - Mass Effect 2 - Alan Wake - Forza 3 - Splinter Cell: Conviction - God of War 3