By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Should I buy a Xbox 360 or a PS3 ?

My 360 is distracting when trying to watch a movie because the fans are so loud. But its better because it has Netflix, but its worse because PS3 has BluRay but 360 is better because it has Mass Effect but PS3 is better because it has Uncharted... etc

...................round and round we go...................

make the decision for yourself, as you probably already have.

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

Around the Network
nakedfunk said:

I was also in a similar dilemma.

PS3 or 360...

...i chose PS3. Not beacause of the games, not beacause of the features, not because of the design, this or that.

I chose it because it's more quiet than X360. Yeah...some may say it's a crazy reason, but I'm a freak when it comes to all kinds

of irritating noises. Just can't stand them. So, by PS3 being the more silent than X360 - I went for PS3.

should have got a suppresor lol

"They will know heghan belongs to the helghast"

"England expects that everyman will do his duty"

"we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender"

Squilliam said:
^ Seperate Blu Ray players also come with whats commonly known as a remote, how convenient eh?

Also you can use powerline networking as well which means you can hook the console and any other internet equiped device at either 85mbps or 200mbps which is far easier to set up, more secure and doesn't drop out like wireless. See? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833122233

Yeah, those are buggy as hell, and generally, you would not be much better off than a wireless connection. 

@NF...whatever makes you happy man! lol

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!

I have both:

-I game and watch NetFlix on 360.

-I watch bluray movies on the PS3.

It all depends on what you want to do.

Believing in the PLAYSTATION®3......IS.......S_A_C_R_I_L_E_G_E

NKAJ said:
slowmo said:
stewroids said:
If you asked me this question in 2007 I would say 360, but now, I think the PS3 is the better buy. The games are just so appealing; Killzone 2, Uncharted 1 and 2, the upcoming God of War, Ratchet games, the possibility of Jak 4, Little Big Planet, Resistance 1 and 2, MLB 09: The Show, and of course, everyone's favourite, MGS4. The library is packed with games and whoever says the PS3 is lacking in games is totally wrong.

The 360 is also solid; Halo is my second favourite series ever, and Gears is pretty good as well; but those are the only two mega exclusives on the 360; the PS3 has about 6-7 games that can be classified as mega exclusives. Plus, the online is free, so it's definitely a great thing and the 399 eventually pays itself off since u wont be paying 60 bucks a month with the 360. I say wait for now until a price drop is announced, but if you're really desperate, go with the arcade console for 199.

I think you were doing so well writing a relatively unbiased opinion until you said the 360 has only 2 mega exclusives, while you list MLB09, Ratchet and Jak 4 in that category above.  I'll not bother naming all I can think of but for starters you have Mass Effect (if you only count consoles), Fable 2, Forza, PGR, etc, etc.  Someone else can finish off the list if they like but I don't see any value in list wars in this thread.

Also stating that PSN is free as a benefit over Live without mentioning the massive feature set Live has over Psn to justify it's price is a little naughty.  End of the day it's your opinion, I just wanted to air my views on it.

whats the massive feature?

If you don't know the answer to that question then you're hardly in a position to give a balanced viewpoint on either platform.

Around the Network

My sig tells the story!

Get them all!

360 for rpgs's, shooters,action/rpg's,xbl arcade games, plus ppl keep forgetting that every 360 comes with a silver account and some games allow u to use a silver to play games online. plus u can check out all the demos,movies and other stuff with just a silver account.
either system is great , but if u prefer rpg's and shooters more than sports than go with a 360 if u want everything but rpg's than go with the ps3.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Garnett said:

My sig tells the story!

LOL good advice garnet

buy a ps3 if your burning cash like it's nothing buy a 360 if your broke.

XxXProphecyXxX said:
Depend what your after

with ps3 you can use it as blu ray player and for games+free online and a built in Wi-fi with loads of games.

also if your getting a ps3 i suggest w8 for a while because it might get a price cut.

yeah I know for the price cut but it's start to be a little long...