By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - DSi NO MPS3 playback WTF!!!

@Jo21: I'm not really following you at the moment.

Yes to Apple having a monopoly on DRM? If so, why is DRM so common?

And what does iTunes have to do with this?

So someone is still selling music in MP3. Thanks.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Around the Network
bdbdbd said:
@Jo21: I'm not really following you at the moment.

Yes to Apple having a monopoly on DRM? If so, why is DRM so common?

And what does iTunes have to do with this?

So someone is still selling music in MP3. Thanks.

no they have music store monopoly they sold songs, but they only could be played with itunes or their own ipods because of the DRM.

itunes it's also a music store, but it was locked to other mp3 players, thats called a monopoly.

DRM it's common but itunes DRM only let it play in their own services, the good thing all 4 major labels given to the go to certain music store to sell music without DRM.

and other stores have DRMed songs but they open, u can play them in any mp3 player.

and ipod play mp3s files even if their itunes pushed AAC.

Baggins said:
thekitchensink said:
Extra exclamation points and capital letters, as it turns out, don't strengthen your point.

They chose the AAC format because it's easier to play around with. Remember, you can change up the sounds, slow the music down, speed it up, add effects to it, etc.

You can do that with any digital music format. AAC doesn't specifically allow those things.

He never said AAC only allowed those. He said AAC is easier to do those with.

SW-5120-1900-6153

@Jo21: It's their platform and they can do whatever they like with it as long as they don't have a monopoly on the market (monopoly may lead into antitrust actions). A proprietary service on a market with competition isn't a monopoly.

So, there's one service where only one companys music player can play music. But what does that have to do with DSi?

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

I guess my hearing must be off then because my music has lost no quality what-so-ever. Seriously, it isn't a big deal that it only plays ACC.

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions
Around the Network

yeah that is interesting. i'm not sure why exactly Nintendo made this decision to not support mp3, it so strange

bdbdbd said:
@Jo21: It's their platform and they can do whatever they like with it as long as they don't have a monopoly on the market (monopoly may lead into antitrust actions). A proprietary service on a market with competition isn't a monopoly.

So, there's one service where only one companys music player can play music. But what does that have to do with DSi?

because people start saying people use itunes anyway and they are doing good.

http://digg.com/apple/iTunes_top_tracks_1_29_Amazon_0_99_thanks_record_labels, well it's still anticompetitive because they are the biggest one and the main one.

but recently amazon started to grow and offered undrmed music , but Mp3s.

so no even if itunes is AAC many other services like amazon support mp3.

@nintendofan, thats a transcoding rule, any kind of transcoding degrate the quality of the sound, even up.

so if you transcode a 64kbps to 320kbps you won't get better quality, actually it should get a bit worse.

Jo21 said:
http://digg.com/apple/iTunes_top_tracks_1_29_Amazon_0_99_thanks_record_labels, well it's still anticompetitive because they are the biggest one and the main one.
@nintendofan, thats a transcoding rule, any kind of transcoding degrate the quality of the sound, even up.
so if you transcode a 64kbps to 320kbps you won't get better quality, actually it should get a bit worse.

So ... it's anticompetitive because ... it's bigger than the competition?  Is Intel anticompetitive because it's bigger than AMD? 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Final-Fan said:
Jo21 said:

So ... it's anticompetitive because ... it's bigger than the competition?  Is Intel anticompetitive because it's bigger than AMD? 

yes, if you didn't know they are, they are even trying to kill X86 AMD business.

while big and the main one supporting others players it's not nice, it's like microsoft banned firefox from being installed on windows pc and you could only use IE.

when others stores let you use any player you want even cellphones.

Jo21 said:
Final-Fan said:
Jo21 said:
yes, if you didn't know they are, they are even trying to kill X86 AMD business.

while big and the main one supporting others players it's not nice, it's like microsoft banned firefox from being installed on windows pc and you could only use IE.

when others stores let you use any player you want even cellphones.

But see now you're saying that Intel has anticompetitive business tactics.  Suppose that Intel was nice as could be, "I'll do my thing and you do yours AMD, and may God defend the right"; would Intel still be anticompetitive just because of the fact that Intel is bigger than AMD?  Because that's what you said about Apple iTunes. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom!