By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best comebacks by gaming franchises?

What would be the best comebacks by gaming franchises? i.e The first game(s) failed but they suddenly came up with a great game?

My choice: Killzone

Initiating social expirement #928719281

Around the Network

No, MGS franchise. Do you remember the original MG's (Excluding Snakes Revenge) from the 80's?

*EDIT* I stick to my choice ! i dont care if was a success then and is now . It still is one of the biggest comebacks Ever!

I agree with the OP. I don't think any franchise has ever redeemed itself like Killzone.

9.2 after 250 reviews.

CoD4: Modern Warfare

After the blasphemic pile of smeg which was CoD3, this game was a godsend that kept the franchise alive

Devil May Cry

2 sucked, 3 was an improvment

Favorite films. Foreign films forever!

Around the Network

Capcom.

2 games of note.........

Street fighter 2>>>>>>>>>>>> Street fighter

Devil may cry 3>>>>>>>>>>>> Devil may cry 2

CoD4

50 Cent: Blood on the Sand

GTA got to be one of the biggest

I mean GTA 1&2 weren't anything special but when GTA III came over man!!!!!!!!!!

people jaws just dropped they couldn't believe this game is possible

Twisted Metal

after the first 2 good games Sony decided to be a dick and change the studio which resulted in the abomination that is TM 3&4 (especially 4 man that game was just pure trash). Then the brought back the guys who made the original 2 and did Twisted Metal: Black for the PS2 which is IMO the best car combat game to this day

Phantasy Star Portable, this Gen so far.

Phantasy Star Universe was a pile of poo to be honest.

While Phantasy Star Universe: IoL was "Decent" to good.

But The portabale PSU HAS A STORY!!! and its not half bad, it also added the good things from the first two PSU's while taking away a few other things.

Overall, the best Phantasy Star game this gen is PSP (Phantasy Star Portable lol) for the PSP (PlayStation Portable again, lol.)

Just my opinion though.