By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best comebacks by gaming franchises?

Esmoreit said:
I'd say Metroid. It started great and became great culminating in Super Metroid... then was suddenly not seen again in the N64 generation. Not even portable I believe.

And then on the GC Metroid Prime was released.

I think a real comeback requires for the series to be crap and then great again. With that said this thread is fail.

Don't call it a comeback
I been here for years
Rockin my peers and puttin suckas in fear

Around the Network
mjc2021 said:
Esmoreit said:
I'd say Metroid. It started great and became great culminating in Super Metroid... then was suddenly not seen again in the N64 generation. Not even portable I believe.

I think a real comeback requires for the series to be crap and then great again. With that said this thread is fail.

Don't call it a comeback
I been here for years

I don't believe so. A star suddenly MIA, then returning after a few years of silence is still considered a comeback in the movie and music industry. Even if all of his/her previous work was great the moment he/she stopped working. 

The Doctor will see you now  Promoting Lesbianism -->

Esmoreit said:
mjc2021 said:
Esmoreit said:

Don't call it a comeback
I been here for years

I don't believe so. A star suddenly MIA, then returning after a few years of silence is still considered a comeback in the movie and music industry. Even if all of his/her previous work was great the moment he/she stopped working. 

Well I guess you have a point in that sense however a lot of actors/athlete/franchises take a break at some point. But a comeback from what seemed like being down and out is much more interesting discussion. With that said there are a few good examples and this thread is going no where.

Killzone of course.

Fable

Around the Network

Killzone? not really since this series was crappy from the start and manage to pull generic, but nice looking sequel.

i say GTA. first 2 games was awesome then came GTA3 which was novelty, but kinda ruined GTA style, but then we get Vice City and San Andreas that were great games. after that Rockstar released mediocre and boring GTA4 and few months later first great nextgen GTA game - Chinatown Wars(don't get me wrong stories on psp aren't bad games just nowhere near as good as DS game or ps2 GTAs especially VCS which was pretty much broken game)

waron said:
Killzone? not really since this series was crappy from the start and manage to pull generic, but nice looking sequel.

Killzone 2 is not generic

Well by PS3 standards its not.

waron said:

See this folks...over 9 in metrics/gamerankings is generic now the new standard is 11 out of 10 and this is just good not great as that would need to be around 15 out of 10 LOL.

i dont think killzone was crap like many of u say. Most of u say that because it was labeled as the next big thing. it was a fun multiplayer game for the ps2. One of the reasons why i now play online. it was an ok game but to say that it was crap ur going to far. it didnt get reviews of 4's or 5's....

@XxXProphecyXxX,
say Hi to Mr. Hype and Mr. GTA4
@molotovrok,
first KZ was really average(or even a little below average thanks to few buckets of bugs and technical issues) game by graphic and horrible one by gameplay - i mean hype, scripts and bugs killed this game.