By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Madworld's UK price plummets after 2 weeks...

ClaudeLv250 said:

Honestly this sounds like a more appropriate price, I'd jump on that if this were happening in the US.

On the other hand I do feel bad for Sega, they haven't been having too many hits this gen outside of Sonic. After they experienced bomb after bomb after bomb after bomb on the PS360 I was hoping they'd fare a lot better finally changing their strategy up and giving some goods to the Wii. Granted, they were probably familiar with Clover's track record and Madworld will most likely end up outselling all the games mentioned before, but I was hoping for a better reception for Madworld.

Well there's always The Conduit. At least it's not niche.

ouch , never noticed that

poor sega, let's hope the shipments numbers are better :(

Around the Network

Yep, Sega really needed MadWorld, and really needs The Conduit, to succeed.

If the Conduit flops, I worry for Sega's future. Mario & Sonic Olympics is about the only reason they are still afloat, I think.

Procrastinato said:
Yep, Sega really needed MadWorld, and really needs The Conduit, to succeed.

If the Conduit flops, I worry for Sega's future. Mario & Sonic Olympics is about the only reason they are still afloat, I think.

Nah, Sonic games in general pretty reliably break a million. Now, you could say Sonic is the only reason they're still afloat....

The UK has had some strange reactions to games on the Wii.

Remember -- it SSBB did not sell as well there as it did elsewhere (and if you don't remember, just look up the entire dissertation on it by Bruce on Games).

In other words, fighting games do not appear to sell as well in the UK on the Wii as they do elsewhere.

This game is American-centric in its sensibilities. Its success or failure will be measured there. But I would not be surprised to see it down to $40 soon.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

psrock said:

Nice shoes

OT: This is more evidence that this game is selling terrible amounts. Maybe the fanboys will stop defending it now, for a while anyway...

Around the Network

Games always drop in price much faster in the UK than in most other countries.

Having said that it wouldn't surprise me if this happened in more countries. The PAL conversion is poor and the game is short.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

One thing I have noticed from several "flops" this generation is how many people played the same copy of a game because of how short it was ... One thing I wonder is whether these games would be more successful had the publisher priced them more agressively initially.

Procrastinato said:
This is the major flaw in the whole "# units sold" as a measure of success.

It's not. This game isn't as good as everyone say it is... It's also a niche game.

This game wouldn't have sold better on the ps3 or xbox360.... It's a 5 hour long black and white game with no replay value what so ever. Did you actuallu expected better sales for a game like this?

Another blatant troll thread from Legend11....

Prices are cut pretty much all the time in the UK, but this is a lot. It took Mirror's Edge about 3 weeks to get there...

Anyway, it will probably have decent legs, but the main market is of course America