By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Madworld's UK price plummets after 2 weeks...

COKTOE said:
Nasty. I wonder how much MadWorld's 480i, SD only display affected sales? This is a "core" game, and core gamers are the most likely to notice somthing like that.....Hmmmmm?

SD only? That would apply to every single Wii release.

Tease.

Around the Network
Squilliam said:
COKTOE said:
Nasty. I wonder how much MadWorld's 480i, SD only display affected sales? This is a "core" game, and core gamers are the most likely to notice somthing like that.....Hmmmmm?

Well OK, but 480p is at least supported. It's absence from MadWorld is baffling.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Barozi said:
ClaudeLv250 said:

Honestly this sounds like a more appropriate price, I'd jump on that if this were happening in the US.

On the other hand I do feel bad for Sega, they haven't been having too many hits this gen outside of Sonic. After they experienced bomb after bomb after bomb after bomb on the PS360 I was hoping they'd fare a lot better finally changing their strategy up and giving some goods to the Wii. after  Granted, they were probably familiar with Clover's track record and Madworld will most likely end up outselling all the games mentioned before, but I was hoping for a better reception for Madworld.

Well there's always The Conduit. At least it's not niche.

That's true, though it lacks on quality and they decided to keep the only great title of those 4 "bombs" on the PS3.

You think it will pass 650k ? (Viking 360+PS3 sales)

It's certainly not impossible.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

I guess there isn't much confidence in the UK sales at full price.

Squilliam said:
COKTOE said:

Fair enough but in the Wii's menu 480p is referred to as EDTV(extended defination) :), so i am sure he meant in contrast to this, not HD.

Around the Network

Recent auctions have also pointed to sales dipping near $30 in the US (on eBay). I'm hoping I can snag this for $30 not too long down the road along with House of the Dead new off a retailer atleast to suppor them (somewhat).

It's just that simple.

Maybe people will actually buy it at this price, although I doubt we will see any substantial sales increase.

I've heard Europeans are more willing to spend than Americans (PS3 sales anyone?), so now that it is at a much more comfortable price point, and still a fairly recent release fresh in the mind of buyers, it may have a small chance at something good.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

KylieDog said:
mike_intellivision said:
The UK has had some strange reactions to games on the Wii.

Remember -- it SSBB did not sell as well there as it did elsewhere (and if you don't remember, just look up the entire dissertation on it by Bruce on Games).

In other words, fighting games do not appear to sell as well in the UK on the Wii as they do elsewhere.

This game is American-centric in its sensibilities. Its success or failure will be measured there. But I would not be surprised to see it down to $40 soon.

Mike from Morgantown

Fighting games sell fine, the Super Smash Bros series has never been big in Europe.  Always been a majorly Jap/US thing.

Not to mention Brawl was released in June in Europe and March in NA.. I know that quite a few people that imported from US and had modded Wii or used the freeloader.

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

KylieDog said:
This has been posted in several "Madworld flopped!" threads already.

Amazon had it for £16 earlier.

Check again, it's at £17.99. And no retailer that ships to Romania has it at less than £30.

I'd like to point out it's fairly typical for UK market that games get price discounts fast after severall week (well ok usually not after 2 :) )

Only stuff like Cod, GH, GTA and other such titles is unaffected by it.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB