By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - SE boss complaining about PS3

ssj12 said:

yep the controls are there, but idk about how they will make the spells. Will the be action based or menu selected because of they are action based, a game like Final Fantasy or Elder Scrolls or Dragon Quest or any other heavily spell related games would get kinda retarded with the actions, 

example/
To cast spell "Fire Wall" - shake the nunchunk while doing the following motions with Wiimote: Left swing, right, swing, make a triangle shape, make a circle, swing the WiiMote around your head, catch it, thrust the control upwards. 

Now that would be
1. comical
2. dangerous
3. filled with lawsuits
4. funny as hell to watch some people knock themselves out with the WiiMote.

So basically having a game with 400 action based spell attacks wouldnt work very well as you would have to have screwed up, long, painful actions to use them. So it would have to be limited to menu based only. 

haha...that would be awesome to use Summons that way. It would suck to have it not work, but I think your idea actually sounds like it would be fun.

Wii Code 8761-5941-4718-0078 

Around the Network
ssj12 said:

yep the controls are there, but idk about how they will make the spells. Will the be action based or menu selected because of they are action based, a game like Final Fantasy or Elder Scrolls or Dragon Quest or any other heavily spell related games would get kinda retarded with the actions,

example/
To cast spell "Fire Wall" - shake the nunchunk while doing the following motions with Wiimote: Left swing, right, swing, make a triangle shape, make a circle, swing the WiiMote around your head, catch it, thrust the control upwards.

Now that would be
1. comical
2. dangerous
3. filled with lawsuits

So basically having a game with 400 action based spell attacks wouldnt work very well as you would have to have screwed up, long, painful actions to use them. So it would have to be limited to menu based only.

LOL, again with this. Yeah, that'd be a pain.  So leave the pointing and motion controls for actions that make sense and flow well.  The answer to your problem there is easy, use menus.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

I personally don't understand why some people here seem to think the Wii can't possible handle menus.

Edit: Again, there are conventional controls on the Wiimote and Nunchuck. You can do anything, without having to use motion or point. Though, I do think the pointing would be just fine on menus. But there are games that either pointing or the analog stick can be used for their menus.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

ssj12 said:

example/

Now that would be
1. comical
2. dangerous
3. filled with lawsuits

The developer has the option to use whatever controls make the game the most fun. They are not limited to one way of doing things. If it makes sense to use an analog stick and buttons, then the developer has the option to do so.

The developer should not use motion sensing merely because it is there. If they do so then that is the fault of the developer, not an inherent weakness in the controls. 

Hawk said:
I personally don't understand why some people here seem to think the Wii can't possible handle menus.

Actually I take that back about using menus on the Wii...I liked the interface for it. To sum up this dispute. IF YOU CAN MOVE A PC MOUSE BACK AND FORTH EVERYDAY THAN YOU CAN MOVE A WIIMOTE BACK AND FORTH!!!! Now thats better just had to get that out for those who think its in the impossible.

Around the Network
Hawk said:

Edit: Again, there are conventional controls on the Wiimote and Nunchuck. You can do anything, without having to use motion or point. Though, I do think the pointing would be just fine on menus. But there are games that either pointing or the analog stick can be used for their menus.

Agreed, this topic has actually went off completely. We are really suppose to be talking about Square Enix compalining about the PS3. So lets turn are attention to that topic Wii and 360 fans. Shall we?

FishyJoe said:
ssj12 said:

example/

Now that would be
1. comical
2. dangerous
3. filled with lawsuits

The developer has the option to use whatever controls make the game the most fun. They are not limited to one way of doing things. If it makes sense to use an analog stick and buttons, then the developer has the option to do so.

The developer should not use motion sensing merely because it is there. If they do so then that is the fault of the developer, not an inherent weakness in the controls.

i hope you do know that what I was saying was to present a point with humor. 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Mancandy i dont have a Wii so i wont be trying MP3 any time soon but i will be as soon as my friend gets it and it was going to be the game that made me get a Wii but then i relised i would do what i did with the GC and only have like 5 games for it but for twice the price(£100 with game for the GC,£200 with game for the Wii)I also dont have a free £200 which is a shame but oh well.When FF:CC,Pikmin3 and this so called FF killer(lol what a joke) are out and get good reviews and sound good then i might get a Wii but until then PS3 only is fine for me.

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

I don't see any problem with using a wiimote for menues. Different controls would be fine, classic controls would be fine too. You don't really benefit alot from wiimote controls in an RPG, especially turn-based RPG's, but nor do you lose. And, odds are, most RPGs will probably give you classic controller compatibility as well. If you have problems with the wii controls, go buy a wii classic controller and use that instead.

The problem with FFXIII, is I don't think wii controls would be a huge gain (or loss), but cutting edge visuals, which FF games are known for, simply aren't going to happen if its put on the wii.

I don't see any problem with using a wiimote for menues. Different controls would be fine, classic controls would be fine too. You don't really benefit alot from wiimote controls in an RPG, especially turn-based RPG's, but nor do you lose. And, odds are, most RPGs will probably give you classic controller compatibility as well. If you have problems with the wii controls, go buy a wii classic controller and use that instead.

The problem with FFXIII, is I don't think wii controls would be a huge gain (or loss), but cutting edge visuals, which FF games are known for, simply aren't going to happen if its put on the wii.

No real benefits on the wii, but a definite loss.