By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - SE boss complaining about PS3

I am sure if S-E threatened to take FFXIII else where i can think of a contract Sony would make pretty quickly it would go like this:
"Dear CEO of SQUARE-ENIX Yoichi Wada
We at Sony would like you to reconsider the exclusivity of FinalFantasyXIII and FinalFantasyVersusXIII.If you bring FinalFantasyXIII and FinalFantasyVersusXIII we will gladly pay for the development of BOTH and give SQUARE-ENIX a bonus of $25million ontop of development costs"

Yours Sincerly
Kazuo Hirai
CEO of SCEi
*insert Kaz's signiture here*

Mr.Wada if you would sign the contract here ASAP please.

Or something along those lines.

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

Around the Network
W29 said:
Hawk said:
dallas said:

I don't think that the wii is suited for RPGs either. Any game that needs fine motor control such as choosing among a myriad of different armor configurations or items or what have you will get boring fast with the wii , so the FF series is automatically out, but perhaps more-spin offs or even an appropriate series would be good for the wii. Thats a long sentence huh? lol

Hmmm. You still seem to have a bias against the Wii remote, and appear to not have used it. There is more to the controls than just pointing and motion control. Everything is not done soley by pointing. There are buttons, an analog stick, and a D pad. They all work together wonderfully.

How long will the Wii hold up with the gimmick just pointing and moving your arms and swaying back and forth? That gets tiresome after awhile. Thats when a 360 or PS3 comes into place. Why would you spend 40 hours of time on a Wii RPG that has you moving your arms and pointing and clicking. I played the Wii and my cousin owns it and its not that impressive to me. I will buy it as my secondary but not primary.

Again with the 'just'.  The motion and pointing are great additions to the control scheme.  Try playing Zelda TP to see how they can integrate well.  Or RE 4. I'm still not going to find it a valid arguement from anyone who keeps saying "When all you do is point and wave your arms" .

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

Anybody who thinks that the Wiimote is just about waving your arms around hasn't played many Wii games, especially MP3.

I've already made a thread on this topic, whatever...

FishyJoe said:
Anybody who thinks that the Wiimote is just about waving your arms around hasn't played many Wii games, especially MP3.

I played the Wii for 3 days straight, I played Wii Sports (lackluster length got tried of it quite quickly especially if your by yourself. Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition. Only has an new aiming device, which I did enjoy by the way than the PS2 regular screen. But I didn't say that the Wii is trash, I just said its not a primary system I see it being a secondary system something I would play if I got tired of the 360. My interest level on the system when I was over my cousin house was low. I played it for 2 hours and than said I feel like playing Madden 08 and Gears of War or Motorstorm. Its weird, Wii is a gimmick.

Around the Network
FishyJoe said:
dallas said:

I don't think that the wii is suited for RPGs either. Any game that needs fine motor control such as choosing among a myriad of different armor configurations or items or what have you will get boring fast with the wii , so the FF series is automatically out, but perhaps more-spin offs or even an appropriate series would be good for the wii. Thats a long sentence huh? lol

This makes no sense.

The fun of RPGs these days is being able to choose among a couple hundred different weapons, spells, armor, etc etc etc.  The thing of it is that the motion control limits this because it would get boring after a long period of the wiimote causing someone to make mistakes and whatnot.   Therefore for a RPG in the ideal image,  Square Enix would have a hard time making a RPG in the same sense as FF on the wii, which is why I suggested other possibilities FJ.

Hawk said:
W29 said:
Hawk said:
dallas said:

Hmmm. You still seem to have a bias against the Wii remote, and appear to not have used it. There is more to the controls than just pointing and motion control. Everything is not done soley by pointing. There are buttons, an analog stick, and a D pad. They all work together wonderfully.

How long will the Wii hold up with the gimmick just pointing and moving your arms and swaying back and forth? That gets tiresome after awhile. Thats when a 360 or PS3 comes into place. Why would you spend 40 hours of time on a Wii RPG that has you moving your arms and pointing and clicking. I played the Wii and my cousin owns it and its not that impressive to me. I will buy it as my secondary but not primary.

Again with the 'just'. The motion and pointing are great additions to the control scheme. Try playing Zelda TP to see how they can integrate well. Or RE 4. I'm still not going to find it a valid arguement from anyone who keeps saying "When all you do is point and wave your arms" .

Just like I replied to Fishy Joe read it.

W29 said:
Hawk said:
dallas said:

Funny how people that have never used a Wiimote always bring this up. I played RE4, which requires the user to point all the time, for 8 hours plus and never got tired of "waving my arms". It's obvious you've never played on the Wii.

Wii Code 8761-5941-4718-0078 

Oh, game studios are always saying things like this. Sony is doing the right thing - the PS3 really is a multimedia beast, and Sony is in the hardware biz, so they needed to talk up the technology first and kickstart BluRay. They did a fine job, selling 4.5 million units of the most expensive console ever, which is quite an achievement - I didn't thing they'd sell more than 3.5 million at this point.

During its launch, the PS3 was facing supply constraints, so doing more advertising would have had no effect on sales. This holiday season, though, you'll see Sony doing a monster ad blitz.

dallas said:
FishyJoe said:
dallas said:

This makes no sense.

The fun of RPGs these days is being able to choose among a couple hundred different weapons, spells, armor, etc etc etc. The thing of it is that the motion control limits this because it would get boring after a long period of the wiimote causing someone to make mistakes and whatnot. Therefore for a RPG in the ideal image, Square Enix would have a hard time making a RPG in the same sense as FF on the wii, which is why I suggested other possibilities FJ.

Excactly my point dallas you said it better than I could say it.